1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gah! They changed my 'Nids!

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Deathfrisbee2000, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

So Warriors are now Troops, not HQ. Hurray we can take more of them right? I'm not happy though. I play a horde (not "For the Horde!") army, and gaunts, tons upon tons of gaunts, are my bag. I currently use Warriors as my synapse to keep the little bugs in line and fill up my HQ slot so I don't have to use a Hive Tyrant or Brood Lord (which itself is now no longer HQ too). Now that they're not HQ anymore, it seems I have to dump points and cash on a big model.

:mad:

I'm just venting. I shouldn't start freaking out yet. Who knows, in February wen the Codex comes out, there may be another cheap HQ to take that fits in with a horde style.

*sigh*

Or maybe it's time to start that Children of the Emperor army I've been thinking about...

--DF2K

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wow that would be an odd move to have warriors as troop choices... I haven't really followed any of the rumours, some of the new models look cool though. Good to finally see plastic gargoyle broods, I wonder if they are still worth taking.

3. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I do like that Mawloc. I ordered three of em, and I don't even play Tyranids! :pompus:

4. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

My explosion may have been premature. I heard of "Warrior Alphas" which can still be taken as HQ possibly. I suppose I'll hold off any further panic-attacks until after the codex officially comes out. Shoulda done that before my rant. Aw well. I shall still continue to devour biomass for the hive fleet, I suppose.

--DF2K

5. n1ghtl1fe
    Skink

n1ghtl1fe New Member

The Mawloc looks awesome.

You ordered 3??? I wish I had the spare change to order 1!

I think changing warriors to troops is a great move, you can take upto 9 warriors in each troop slot.

"Horde" style armies could soon start being consisted of warriors instead of gaunts.

Would certainly look impressive and a bit more imposing (especially alongside a mawloc/trygon or two) if nothing else.

6. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Actually I think they did it so they could move to the "Godzilla, Stompy-Monsters" army. Instead of having little gaunts for troops, they could take big-guys on 40mm bases.

--DF2K

7. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

Hang on, hang on... Scoring warriors. Why would you ever want guants? (appart from a few spineguants to give all your warriors cover :D )

8. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I didn't think about that... Good point. Even if you do still take gaunts (high numbers is one of the reasons I was drawn to nids) it would indeed be very helpful to have a couple of units of scoring warriors.

9. dhuan gor
    Saurus

dhuan gor New Member

asrodrig that is just silly...

Order three more! lol

10. Sebulba
    Temple Guard

Sebulba New Member

And they do have that new creature that spawns more gaunts for you (even though a roll of a double on 3 dice makes him "run out"). That's free troop choices right?

I'm going to get some mawlocs and pop up my army in their deployment zone... that and drop podding carnifexes and gargoyles means that I don't have to sprint across the table anymore! :meh: