1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games Day Chicago

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord Cedric, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

Just wanting to know how many off this forum will be attending Games Day in Chicago this coming Saturday? My buddy (Dark Elf player) and myself will be there as our first one. For those veterens that have attended before.. what type of things can we expect other than games and contests? Does GW usually have a bargain table or discounted merchandise there etc?

GamesDaytickets2011.jpg

And yes, I'm aware of what's all listed on the back... just didnt' know if there are "usuals" that generally dont' get listed.

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I went to the one in Baltimore last year. I can tell you that it was awesome. I spent most of my time playing on the Lizardmen vs Skaven tables. At different points during the day, they would get the crowd riled up and have us yelling and whomever was the loudest was thrown a free box of miniatures. I came out of games day with about $150 worth of minis.

The loot was IIRC:

Skragg the slaughter (traded someone for that one)
    Dark elf guy on dragon (malkeith)
    Wood elf Dryads
    High elf balista
    Pegasus knight
    Dwarven lord with shield bearers
    Old vampire command models
    Quite a bit of 40k stuff too.

To say the least, I really enjoyed myself. I could not speak for 4 days afterward though. I lost my voice from screaming so much.

It was a blast! I hope they do it again soon (in Baltimore).