1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games Workshop colour scheme

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Deadmetal, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

I was just wondering how people who use games workshop colour schemes paint their models. I've looked on the games workshop website but their walk-though doesn't give the results i'm looking for.I'm especially interested about the skinks.

If anyone can help then could you please post. :smug:

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Well what kind of look are you going for? It is relatively simple to start with regal blue and highlight up through ultramarines or enchanted then to ice blue and ink/wash for more definition, depending on the thickness of the layers and whether you use ink or wash and what colour/amount of ink/wash you use can give lots of differences, if subtle.

3. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

I've been playing around with some of the turquoises and blues but I can't seem to get the effect I want. I'm currently giving the paint scheme on the front cover of the new army book a go. With the yellow stomachs and turquoisey-blue scales. If any one could help me I would be very grateful. :smug: