1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G'day from Australustria

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by spawning of Bob, May 28, 2011.

1. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Just got into Warhammer, and Lizardmen are clearly coolest. Blame wife and son for getting me in, but now I discover many friends have armies in their cupboards (inferior warm blooded ones)

Only played 3 times (aside from a number of losing campaigns against my son. Where do 10 year olds get their luck ?). 2 incomplete 1500 point battles leading aster 4 rounds against skaven and dwarves. 1 Victory against New Tomb Kings last night (1500pt)

The game is good, but the war hammer world really intrigues me.

What if the little plastic guys were actually just like my workmates and me ? (of low to moderate intelligence, but seemingly charmed to survive despite general ineptitude at life) (Thats my workmates I'm talking about, I'm more the scheming evil genius thwarted at every turn by the blind luck of those who would be my prey).

thunderlizard.jpg

How would special rules apply at my dinner table ? What special rules should darn well be included in the game ?

musician.jpg

What about the other races of the Warhammer world ? How might being a magical beast have its downsides ?

blackhydra.jpg

I have found the answers to these questions at the end of my pencil during long boring meetings at work, and at restaurant tables while entertaining my kids waiting for meals.

The answer is "the Spawning of Bob", a generation of saurus warriors spawned by the Old Ones at the right time in history to demonstrate that it is not might or skill alone that will defeat the forces of disorder, but a truckload of dice and blind stupid luck are also required. Is this what the old ones were teaching us ?

bigchicken.jpg

I'll put more of Bob and his cohort on the Lizardmen Fluff post (unless there is a better place). I've got an all day meeting on Tuesday, so expect my Boss to be clearly recognisable among the hordes of Skaven I might draw....

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/spawning-of-bob.6957/

Spawning of Bob

W3 L0 D0

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  2. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

And it seems that the Old Ones (or possibly Bill Gates) have prevented me from sharing my images from Flickr - what do I do ?

SB

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

ahhh

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63403539@N02/5766555427/in/photostream

this isn't the address of a image file, it needs to end in .jpg or .bmp or some other graphic extension.

4. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

Flickr has fallen to the forces of disorder. I will need a new ally

SB

5. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

imageshack you have saved me with your direct link to image !

6. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

More Spawning of Bob on "Lizardmen Fluff" sub forum