1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G'day mates

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Fiona, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Fiona
    Saurus

Fiona Well-Known Member

Howdy!

I'm known to most as 'Fee' but for some lame reason I chose the uncool forum name Fiona...I could have picked something cooler, but no....Fiona.
    I bought into this hobby last year around april or something when the dinosaurs caught my attention after spotting some dirty old models in my childhood junk. I still remember walking into the gameworkshop store for the first time and feeling super awkward, thank god the staff were amazing or I might have left empty handed.
    A lizzy battalion box later and a bunch of paints, I was off to begin my new unhealthy obsession of spending coin on plastic. A couple of days later the dread saurian was on its way to me, and almost every week after that some other dinosaur unit... until within a few months i had bought everything gamesworkshop had to offer.
    I spent a good 4-5 months converting and filing down plastic, too scared to try painting. And possibly another 2 months researching painting techniques and images until I finally put the brush in the paint pot.
    I've never played a game, and although I want a fully painted army...I dont think I ever want to. Time will tell however!

Time...there's never enough of that stuff!

2. Bluefire
    Cold One

Bluefire Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! I must say your painting puts the stuff I've done to shame. I swear that your skinks look lime flavoured...

Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome "Fee" we all spend too much coin on plastic but it does slow down a bit when you get to around 800 models and 200 paints!

Send a pm to @The Red Devil and ask for a name change he is a cool guy and will sort it for you.

I was like you never had any intention of gaming but once you start your little plastic guys become real and you start to feel like you have another dog or cat or lizard or what ever pet (what have I started), you just have to make sure they are ok.

Looking forward to more of your work and are you on twitter?

SlanntaClause and Bowser like this.
  4. Fiona
    Saurus

Fiona Well-Known Member

I do have a Twitter account but I haven't actually used it, it confused me a bit and I never went back

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Same with me I joined it 5 years ago when I was doing a mtb marathon but used it 5 times, just started again too keep in touch with football scouts.

Fiona likes this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Officially! Glad to see your models on display. They are gorgeous.

Fiona likes this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Welcome to Lustria! Your work is absolutely amazing; I eagerly look forward to seeing more of it.

Fiona likes this.
  8. Hyperborean
    Ripperdactil

Hyperborean Well-Known Member

Welcome to the plastic crack!

I echo everyone when I say cannot wait to see more from you!

Fiona likes this.
  9. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

I would like to make a complaint.
    Fee's models look better than mine I gave Fee 2 days notice of the art comp, and she said maybe next time. What's the point of having new sacrifices if they won't front the altar? I can't wait 6 weeks to see her talents!

Bowser and Fiona like this.
  10. Essmir
    Chameleon Skink

Essmir Well-Known Member

Hello Fee!
    Welcom to the forum it is very nice to have sutch a talanted painter on the forum :)

Fiona likes this.
  11. Fiona
    Saurus

Fiona Well-Known Member

one day i will pin a sacrifice of my time to your alter....until then...I must feed my dinosaurs

Scalenex and Bowser like this.
  12. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

You are right about your priorities, sorry. Those Skaven don't eat themselves.

Bowser and Fiona like this.
  13. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry I didn't welcome you sooner. Your Dread Saurian should be gracing the covers of gamer magazines. But you have five times as many likes as you have posts, so you probably knew this.

While I'd be happy to see anything you create, I would be especially interested in a tutorial explaining to others how you did the Dread Saurian's base. The jungle floor would be good for anyone wanting to base large models and very useful to people wanting to make jungle terrain.