1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog geektom's Seraphon of the Sands

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by geektom, Aug 23, 2018.

1. geektom
    Skink

geektom New Member

Hey all!

After many years wandering the grimdark of 40K, I have decided to jump back into fantasy and give Age of Sigmar a try. I was always envious of beautiful Lizardmen armies, so Seraphon was a natural choice.

So far I only have the start collecting box, but next I will be picking up a Slann, more troops, another large beastie, and some flyers.

As much as I admire the lovely blues and greens of the standard paint schemes, I wanted to choose something different for myself. After considering and rejecting several schemes, I have decided to go for a more naturalistic, desert scheme- which is a little weird, considering it was all those beautiful, bright colors that first attracted me.

I am an experienced painter and decent converter. I look forward to everyone's feedback and comments so that I can continue to improve and represent the other great hobbyists here!

To start, here are some ideas for my colors- I like the idea of them "scaling up" from smallest/lightest to largest/darkest, with a common neutral tone tying them together and a bright contrasting turquoise/blue/green running throughout. The color on the left is skin, on the right is scales. "Monsters" are just some contrasting colors to consider for mounts, flyers, etc.

These are not tied to any specific paints yet- just brainstorming at this point.

upload_2018-8-22_19-36-29.png

Warden, Crowsfoot, Deed525 and 3 others like this.
  2. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

I like a good ‘unique’ or at least ‘different’ theme, I’m the same, the blue looks great but everyone has it, look around on the forums - there are a ton of different paint themes around, I personally have gone for pale skinks (zandri dust colours) with dark red scales, I like it - so the above colours certainly appeal to me, the bright blue shields does seem a little odd to me but I could be surprised :) i Look forward to seeing the results.

geektom likes this.
  3. geektom
    Skink

geektom New Member

Thanks! What color are your shields?

4. Deed525
    Stegadon

Dark red (I’m currently at work - and will be for two more days) so haven’t got a pic of my skink, but I do have a pic of my lord Kroak handy (if you zoom in you will see a few skink at his base)

D79282C1-8A22-4AFA-8013-9CB9E45AF0E8.jpeg

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Colours and schemes look good but I'm not sure about the shield and accent, I think they need to be a darker shade or maybe even bright purple

geektom and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  6. geektom
    Skink

geektom New Member

I thought about purple! I will get out the color wheel and go to my FLHS to make the final selection.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  7. Deed525
    Stegadon

Indeed red isn’t all that deserty