1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. General combat issues

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Aparach, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

I just played a 3k chaos warriors army and a few problems poped up..

1. Can chaos spawns pursue?

2. What happens if a frenzied unit can see an enemy unit within charge distance but a friendly unit partly blocks line of march, and there isn't room for wheeling.

3. If a giant falls and the scatter dice goes bullseye and no direction. What happends?

4. Say that a skink priest has joined some kroxigors who get charged by some knights, (but the character isn't in base contact with any enemy). If a 2. unit of cavalry charges the flank and is about to hit the skink, can you make a charge reaction and flee(just like a character can charge out of a unit) or is he bound to the kroxis who's already busy fighting the 1. unit of knights?

5. If skirmishers like 10 skinks are fighting a unit of marauders and neither flee. There are 2 skinks left that don't engade combat becous of a the marauders small frontal line. What happens if the skinks gets another frontal charge in their formed up rank towards the marauder? Do you move the remainig skinks from your backrank and get them in fight with the new enemy or can't they change formation(as the commond rule for CC)

Any help somebody?

2. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

1. I'm not very familiar with the Chaos Spawn rules, but I bet there is a note about in his book. If not, more then likely it can, at least by my bet.

2. If my memory is a good as I hope, Frenzied units only HAVE to charge if they are in range.

3. If you'll notice the bulls-eye mark on the scatter die, there in a bolded arrow that stands out from the other arrows, that is the arrow you would use involving situations that the bulls-eye wouldn't work.

4. The Skink Priest would be forced to stay and fight, as he is tangled in the brawl despite not actually fighting. But characters cannot join or leave a unit engaged in combat.

5. In this case, since Skirimishers must maximize frontage against opponents, I would go ahead and say the Skinks would move from the back rank to engage as many units as possible, but on this, I am not sure.

3. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

1. It was late, so we didn't bother to look it up, but I'll make him check in his book.

2. My question was for units within charge distance. I thought maybe there would be a similarity to the stupidity rule: Stupid creatures who walk into friends holds them in the movement phase.. But this is just a posibility I suggest. Can't find anything thats confirms it in rulebook..

3. Thanx! Really didn't know :)

4. That's wat I thought too... Thanx!

5. So it remains a mystery... Anybody else know of a sulution?

4. Nexus
    Skink

Nexus New Member

1. I agree.

2. If the friendly unit wasn't blocking complete line of sight but got in the way of the charge, then think it would be a failed charge.

3. Yeah.

4. I agree.

5. I agree.

5. Godless-Mimicry
    Skink

Godless-Mimicry New Member

Why would they not be able to? There is no rule saying they can't or that they are any different from other units, so I don't see the issue.

Then they do not have to charge since it would be a failed charge. They only have to make charges that will be successful (not including the case of a flee reaction)

Falls straight down, I think.

He is already in combat so he cannot flee out of it.

Models that cannot make it into base contact rank up behind so there would be no situation where the two hang over the side. But say the Skinks got their corner clipped, no you do not move the other guys up.

6. Nexus
    Skink

Nexus New Member

I thought frenzied units have to charge if there is LOS, not only if they can.

Lol, after playing against orks for the last year, I think there should be an ork special rule, "if the rule doesn't work in favor of the orks, they don't have to do it"

7. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Yeah, I thought so too...

And in the case with the giant, I think Dalkarius is right and just quote him:

"If you'll notice the bulls-eye mark on the scatter die, there in a bolded arrow that stands out from the other arrows, that is the arrow you would use involving situations that the bulls-eye wouldn't work

Anyway, thanx for straightn things up for me on the skinks already in CC issue.

8. Godless-Mimicry
    Skink

Godless-Mimicry New Member

No they have to charge if they can make a successful charge, which means LOS, within range, and no units in the way.

9. Lounge_Lizard
    Cold One

Lounge_Lizard New Member

The answer to the frenzy issue is on page 52 of the mighty tome also known as BRB :smug: .
    In there it states that in the declare charges part of the movement phase, you first declare the charges of the non-frenzied troops and after that you measure to see if any enemies are in charge range of the frenzied troops and their LOS. If an enemy unit is under these conditions, and ONLY in that case, then the frenzied unit must charge it.

Cheers!

10. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

But the problem is when the unit IS within charge range. Take a look at this:

xxxxxx

SSSS x = frenzied chaos warriors, 0 = Hounds, L = Lizards, S = skinks

LLLLLLL

X can see L and they'r within range, but 0 blocks line of march.

So I ask again: what happens to the frenzied chaos warriors. Does it try to charge, but just moves forward like a faild charge, or do they stay put.

11. Lounge_Lizard
    Cold One

Lounge_Lizard New Member

Ye Tome of tomes :pompus: states in the same page that in case there are multiple possible charge targets, the player decides which one to charge. But if there is a unit blocking line of march, then necessarily that same unit is blocking line of charge, and besides, the warriors cannot charge OVER their oun friendly unit of hounds, can they? Therefore, it's not possible for the warriors to charge, so they don't.

Cheers!

12. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Thanx Lounge_Lizard! I agree