1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS General New player Army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Dimitris, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Hello Again i wanted to ask for a new player who wants ro make a seraphon army what starter army u woulsld recommed? I want to know specificaly i want to know *1 An army that is cheap and good overall 2*An expensive big Army 3 i wamt to know which seraphon army is on the current meta 4*Which army u run and if it has a good win ratio or if its just fun :)

Ritual likes this.
  2. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Archkyrie11 Active Member

I currently run an all Skink list which as I have been learning it the win ratio has been going up and is a blast to play. There are numerous versions of the list floating around here and they usually aren't too expensive to run and pretty large if you do my 3x30 skinks

Ritual and Dimitris like this.
  3. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

I see any recomeded skink list?

Ritual likes this.
  4. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

When I get home tonight I'll pull up the skink list I'm running, its not tournament legal as the guys I play with are kinda loose on points, as long as were around our point goal every one is fine.

Ritual and Dimitris like this.
  5. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Ok:D if u want post both lists that is tourmanet legal aswell if u got any

Archkyrie11 and Ritual like this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

A cheap army will have as main force the "start collecting".
    So, a saurus general on carnosaur, a free skink priest (oracle conversion), some knights and some saurus warriors.
    On that, add a Bastiladon... the meta here on Lustria tells that a Basti is a must have, but you'll see lists with 2 or even 3 of them.

Dimitris likes this.
  7. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Ty btw what u mean by oracle coversion i dint see any priest in the start collecting

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

WIth the Start Collecting you can build a Carnosaur OR a Troglodon. The troglodon's rider is a skink oracle, and it can be converted into a skink priest: so, from the same box, you can have both the carnosaur and the priest.

Dimitris likes this.
  9. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

I see but woulnt be better if u turned him intoand old one?

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Not sure I'm getting what you are saying here.

The S.C. comes with one dinosaur: you can build it as a Carnosaur or a Troglodon.
    The Carno got a Saurus rider, the Troglodon got a Skink rider.
    So, you have two options:

1) build a Carnosaur with a Saurus Oldblood / ScarVeteran as rider; use the Skink for a skink priest conversion.
    2) build a Troglodon with a Skink Oracle as rider; use the Saurus for a conversion of a saurus hero afoot.

If you are building a new army, the option 1 is the recommended one.

Dimitris likes this.
  11. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Aw i didint know u could have the priest aswell on foot thats why i got it all confuced ty xD btw except bastalion what other units or hero units u would recomed ? I heard an old blood on a cold one is also a fine addition?

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

One of our best melee generals is the Sunblood.
    But yeah, Oldblood on Cold One is nice too, especially if you want to run some knights.

For other units, sooner or later you will need Chameleon Skinks. Their pop ability is pure gold.

EDIT: also a skink starseer won't fail you. ;)

Dimitris likes this.
  13. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Yeah i read about them i eve downloaded and read their scroll but i dont get how u play em?

14. Killer Angel
    Slann

In your move phase they appear: basically you place them wherever you want on the battlefield. ANd they can shoot with a nice 16" range.
    Then you can make them vanish and reappear again.

Now I go back to work: If you need, make a list of question, I'll answer later. ;)

Dimitris likes this.
  15. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

*Sure here a few of the questions which armys except serahon u like prefer. If i take the starter collectionx2 is there there any unit that i can add to help boost the 2 oldbloods with the carnosaurs?.I heard seraphons got the best caster wizards? Who are they and do they fit on my starter army?

16. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

So the list I have been running lately that's been a lot of fun to play and decently successful:

270pts Skinks Boltspitters & Shields x30
    140pts Ripperdactyls x3

120pts Chameleon Skinks x5
    120pts Chameleon Skinks x5

240pts Engine of the Gods
    60pts Skink Chief
    100pts Skink Starspriest
    100pts Skink Starspriest
    300pts Bastilidon

120pts Shadowstrike Starhost
    2020/2000

Pardon if my points are off I'm doing this in my head, but its not legal but my group is pretty chill about being off a few points. Lot of fun and a TON of shooting, just have to be really careful and stay very mobile. Basically I have Starpriest follow a group a Skinks for Mystic Shield, 1 for Summon Starlight, and then the Engine follows around the last group and gives them the battalion bonus. The Bastilidon sits on objectives and does his thing lasering everything. The Engine will be up on the front-lines to make the most of his Cosmic Engine abilities along with sitting objectives. Chief is the general giving his bonus to whoever needs the +1 to hit. And the Rippers and Chamos can assassinate and then be used later to harass and take objectives.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Dimitris likes this.
  17. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Cool ty mate rly cool army :D

Archkyrie11 likes this.
  18. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Hey mate i manage to buy the collectors seraphon so which one u wouod reccomed oldblood or scar veteran? If i made an oldblood should i go buy a sunblood general aswell?

19. Killer Angel
    Slann

First of all, we must compare the Scar-vet and the Oldblood.
    leaving aside that, unless you're playing with WYSIWYG, you can use your carnosaur as Oldblood or ScarVet, the two got different profiles.
    The Oldblood does more damage, even its carnosaur delivers more damage than the scarvet's (at the cost of a weaker defense).
    The command ability of the Oldblood buffs heroes, including himself, so basically an Oldblood on Carnosaur is far more deadliest then the ScarVet.
    The ScarVet, on the other side, got a command ability that buffs other units, so it gives more goodies to your troops.

They have two different approaches and different utilities, and you should use the one that serves better your army.

The Sunblood is a great General, with a powerful command ability that buffs troops and also single saurus models.
    Unless you're using a battalion that lets you employ command abilities of different models, I'd say that a Sunblood with a Scarvet on Carnosaur is not exactly an optimal choice, while a Sunblood with an Oldblood on Carnosaur works better (keeping the Sunblood as general)

Dimitris likes this.
  20. Dimitris
    Cold One

Dimitris Active Member

Thanks i made a scar veteran in the end xD now that i made the scar veteran can i use the spare parts for the oracle? And also what general hero will fit with my scar veteran and start army?