1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting back into it!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Enigma--, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Enigma--
    Jungle Swarm

Enigma-- New Member

Hey guys and girls!

After collecting heavily in my early teens (lots of bits and pieces of armies), and then trying again circa age 20, I am back now in my mid-late twenties to have another shot at this! Had a game with a friend and I was hooked, gaming being something I never did much of (I like to paint :) ). He wants to play 8th edition, which is fine, as my brother and some of his friends still play 8th as well.

Boy a lot has changed since 6 or 7 years ago, last time I gave it a shot!

I was tossing up between a few armies, namely elves (all) and lizards, but this time I WILL stick with one army and lizards and definitely the calling I wish to pursue! Have found an army through a Facebook Buy and Sell, hopefully pick it up this weekend and away we go!

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text. G'day, and can't wait to trawl my way through the forum! :D

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! You should find lots of advice around here, and hopefully when you pick up your army you can post some pics!

Enigma-- likes this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard, I was the same a painter but once you start gaming (although still not loads) it brings the hobby to life.

Have a look through the painting section for inspiration and while you are there get a blog started so we can see your progress.

http://www.lustria-online.com/forums/painting-and-converting.16/

And speak to @NIGHTBRINGER and @n810 they still plays 8th and have loads of tactics and advice.

Enigma-- and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That's great news; it's always good to have more 8th Edition players on here! Welcome to Lustria! :)

Enigma-- and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

:shifty::confused:o_O Did somebody say they still played 8th ?

Enigma--, Warden and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  6. Enigma--
    Jungle Swarm

Enigma-- New Member

Thanks, will do that, as the guy has said, quote unquote, "It's a bit of a project"!

Thanks! As I said, I had a game with my mate, we followed the rules very roughly and made sure it was very much about having fun, which it was!

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

I too rejoined the hobby after a long hiatus. Whatever your needs are, we got you covered.

Painting and converting. We got you covered. Tips and techniques, honest but polite critiques and models to inspire you. We got it.

Gameplay. We cover tactics, list building and battle reports for 8th Edition Warhammer, 9th Age Warhammer, Age of Sigmar Warhammer, and Kings of War.

We have fiction, aka fluff pieces. It's mostly 8th Edition/Age of Sigmar but we welcome all fluff. It doesn't have to be reptilian, it doesn't even need to be gaming.

And We got forums to talk about memes, Star Wars, and whatnot.