1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS GHB17 new scrolls?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Saminator, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Saminator
    Saurus

Saminator Member

Hello guys. I havn't been able to pick up the new book yet. I have one question, did other things than the points change, like warscrolls? Also games and workshop released pdf for factions like bretonnia, but we already had these scroll on the app right? Are there different rulles in the new pdf files?

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

There was one warscroll change in the book itself. For a Kharadron Overlords unit.

Saminator likes this.
  3. Saminator
    Saurus

Saminator Member

But somebody stated on this forum that we have new skink heroes? Is this just another name for these?

4. Aginor
    Slann

That wasn't in the book. Since you only asked for the book I omitted that, sorry.

There is a new compendium PDF including points. It also renames Oxyotl, Jungle Swarms, Tehenhauin, and the Skink Chief. It also removes some of their abilities, the spells to summon them, and even their Seraphon keywords. So basically it removes them from matched play.

Saminator likes this.
  5. Saminator
    Saurus

Saminator Member

Thanks! Its pretty messed up that they are removed.

Aginor likes this.
  6. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

PhoenixTheCat Well-Known Member

I have written some lore to explain the changes, if anyone's interested.

Some Seraphon have nearly been forgotten by the Slann. They include Oxyotl, Tehenhauin, and many of the skink chiefs. The reason for that is because Oxyotl was lost in the realm of Chaos for seven milleniums, Tehenhauin led rituals disapproved of by the Slann, meaning they wanted little to do with him, and the chiefs were too busy with leading their forces to act as advisors. Because of this, it is much harder for the Slann to summon them into battle, for remembring those characters takes much concentration and magical power, which is hard to achive when arrows and darts fly past, blades clash, and warriors die around them. As such, they can only be brought into the realms when the main forces are summoned, for the Slann and the priests pool their energy to call the army into the Mortal Realms. They happen to appear somewhat unstable or glitchy, occasionly twitching or flickering in and out of reality. Many Seraphon find that effect somewhat unsettling or creepy, and refuse to follow orders from their former commanders out of fear. However, the small connection to reality they have benifits the swarms, who materialize among the forces randomly, as the glitching can cause them to duplicate, boistering their numbers.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  7. Saminator
    Saurus

Saminator Member

This is cool. Pretty sad for these skink heroes though. They are risking their lives but they are forgotten.

Aginor likes this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Great!

9. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

Really nice job: very well-thought and coherent! I like it a lot.

Saminator likes this.
  10. blackrainbow
    Saurus

blackrainbow Member

Thanks much on this, though it is a sad day for those mighty (and NOT forgotten heroes). I wonder what GW is up to with this kind of shenanigans?

Saminator likes this.
  11. Aginor
    Slann

Oh I am pretty sure it is just a marketing decision. At least for our army. All those models aren't produced anymore so except by kitbashing or eBay you cannot get them.
    GW make their money selling models. So they want people to buy them. I don't blame them, that's how business works.
    So while it is sad it is understandable.

...I still hope we get a new Skink hero one day, with a proper command ability. It is unlikely though. We still have a huge range of models to choose from, much more than many other armies. So I expect us to be on the back of the queue for new stuff now.

Saminator and Seraphage like this.
  12. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Far from the eyes, far from the heart...