1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G'huun: Greater Daemon sculpt by Johan von Elak

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Karak Norn Clansman, Mar 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Karak Norn Clansman
    Troglodon

Karak Norn Clansman Well-Known Member

My friend Johan von Elak has put up pictures and explanation on his blog Jaberoo of his massive sculpt of Warcraft's old god G'huun. He will use it as a Great Unclean One.

He built it while living in my apartment in between completing studies and finding a job. It was a lot of fun to see the monster unfold before one's eyes. He took it on as a challenge and sculpted it completely himself, only asking me to do some slime dripping from the raised tail end after painting had started. The skeleton consists of wire and plastic, which was then coated with filler mixed with torn paper. This thick mixture took several days to dry out down in our boiler room.

This was subsequently covered in generous amounts of super glue (don't get him started on the malice which super glue holds against him working with it ;)), whereupon he covered the body with milliput, and then sculpted an outer detail layer with copious amounts of green stuff. For more details, see Johan's log.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

That's pretty awesome!

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Epic!

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Impressive work. :eek:

tnx for sharing it!

5. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Jesus... pretty, flipping impressive considering it was from scratch.