1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gnoblars speed painting

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by lupercal, Feb 22, 2009.

1. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

i was wondering if anyone here knows some good tips for painting gnoblars fast i have like 50 of them and i'm dreading painting them i looked at ogre stronghold and couldn't find anything that helped (granted their painting section had like 140 pages of posts)

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I've painted a few gnoblars for a friend and I will be painting some for my self later. What I would suggest is painting their skin green, then dry brushing them a greyish color. For their clothes and gear paint them dark brown then dry brush light brown over top. and for weapons and metal if you paint the weapons brown then dry brush silver over top it gives it a nice rusted look. All these are better accomplished with a black undercoat, also make sure to apply all other layers very thinly, don't clump it up or you will lose precious detail in the dry brush phase, which is especially important for the gnoblars who's detail is very fine.

Hope that helps, good luck.

3. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

which green, gray and brown do you use?

4. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I usually start with goblin green, and I love snakebite leather, but I usually mix my own colors, using black and white to darken and lighten colors.