1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Grand Alliance Order and the Seraphon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Fhanados, May 4, 2017.

1. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

Hi all!

I've been tossing around ideas in my head for my Seraphon army and my mind strayed to my wife's (well lets face it, they're mine now!) Aelfs. So that got me thinking - is it worth me getting the Grand Alliance Order battletome? I have 2 Order forces so it would be kind of nice to have all my options in the one place, but what does the Order Battletome offer that I can't get elsewhere? I have a LOT of Lizardmen and could probably field an entire Starbeast Constellation if I wanted to, but are there any Batallions in the Order book that aren't in the Seraphon book? Any relics, spells or command abilities?

In short, is it worth the money getting the Grand Alliance: Order book instead of looking up individual warscrolls on the app/website and applying the points from GHB?

Thanks in advance!

Bowser likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

All the Order battletome has regarding Seraphon is 2 Battalions, it contains all the warscrolls for every order unit so in that sense it's worth it but it also has battalions for other factions as well, Swifthawk etc. It does not contain points or relics, spells, etc.

I use mine all the time as it saves looking on line.

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I play a mixed order army, but just use the app. If you're collecting books go for it, but I don't think it's needed. If I want a battalion I can buy it in app, and if I want lots of things from one book I will buy the book.

4. Fhanados
    Terradon

I have a lot of problems with the app. I think it's my phone really, but often I won't be able to open warscrolls. Also the words are tiny and my eyes aren't as youthful as they once were, so I prefer having it on paper. The big question for me is whether the Batallions are worthwhile. I have a massive Seraphon collection and my wife has a mix of Dark Elves, Wood Elves and High Elves - mostly units from what would now be the "Daughters of Khaine" subfaction, but also a fair amount of "Wanderers".

I guess really it comes down to what units constitute the batallions (Thrall Warhost, Waystone Pathfinders and Bloodwrack Sisterhood for the Aelfs, Bloodclaw and Heavenswatch Starhosts for Lizzies), and if the bonuses are any good. I don't expect anyone to post them in full, but any hints would be appreciated.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I will send you a PM with some hints.

6. Fhanados
    Terradon

Thanks @Bowser! Got your message and it was very helpful. I don't think the Thrall Warhost or Waystone Pathfinders battalions will be any use, but the Sisterhood and Starhosts give some nice options.

Bowser likes this.