1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greek Lizardmen total army conversion

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by ZaGreekie, May 21, 2012.

1. elmoheadbutt
    Cold One

elmoheadbutt New Member

The palanquin looks like its made out of sandstone. Fits perfectly with your Greek/Mediterranean theme.

2. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

Here are some updates on the slann, crits more then welcome! we are all here to get better and learn from others right?

3. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Sweet looking palanquin you got there.

4. elmoheadbutt
    Cold One

elmoheadbutt New Member

This might be too late, but may I suggest using a lavender colour instead of the blue that you've chosen? When you said Greek I immediately think of lavender, rosemary, olive tree, convolvulus, etc. (What can I say? I'm a horticulturalist :D)

Pale grey green (which you already have there), pale blue colour, and super bright yellow sitting on top of large sandstone backgrounds are the colours I would see in a Mediterranean garden.

5. Little Wolf
    Saurus

Little Wolf New Member

Wow, lovely looking slann :). One tip: give him a pupil, it really makes the models come to life imo.

6. brittbratabc
    Jungle Swarm

brittbratabc New Member

Your lizards look awesome! :D I was wondering how you did the stone color for your slanns palanquin?

7. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

been a little wile without updates sorry been busy as hell with my computer game development keeps getting in the way of my bord game army development xD

Ok so... updates

I enterd a painting comp in the dual category i wanted somthing classic so i did lizard men vs ratfaced noobs (you know who im talking about)

i dont have a final pic but here is the scene: its missing the saurus old blood that is caught off guard and turning to face the attacker.

Next, i got really board of painting blue... its just a boring color and i wanted somthing more unique so after many tests i redisigned my Saurus color scheme. also wile doing this i did some minor conversions to them and add on more "greekness"
    Also i am custom painting disignes on the top of each head as it really adds alot of detail when looking at a full block from above. ****note these are not finished painted still in the proses***

Also last but not least my new Greek shields!

8. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Looks really cool, the scene is already very dynamic and pleasing, can't wait to see how it looks finished. And as a Finn, I gotta love the little flags of Finland that you have on the shoulders of the redesigned Saurus...

9. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

Hehe its acualy ment to be the simple on the greek coat of arms, i acualy dident like it in the end i felt it looked really corny so i updated it a bit here is what it looks like now:

As you can see i think it integrates better into the model now before it seemed just out of place and not really apart of anything.

10. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Definitely. And the picture also shows the red head crest markings better. Great work, they look really detailed.

11. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

Really nice work! The plannequin is very inspired. Love the little Greek flags on the Saurus too. Excellent work with the patina on that shield!

12. totzro
    Kroxigor

totzro Active Member

Sorry I can't help to see those greek flags as finish flags, I almost expect the saurus to open a bottle of vodka and hang out in a sauna.

Other then that great work, the palanquin is ace!

13. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

He's got a point there. Maybe better to go with a glyph from an ancient Greek shield anyway, to better fit the motif...like a Spartan upside-down "V" ?

14. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

I am not Spartan thats why i dont want to put Spartan symbles , but in the end i removed the sholder flags and even the primary banners here is what i am doing now i like it alot more please all input welcome!

Here are my saurus warriors:

And this is my current idea for my skinks still needs some work tho but getting there:

And this is a special suprize, i met a guy named Felix Paniagua here in Barcelona, and it turns out he is a world famous sculptor of models i whent to his workshop met his team and i found this model! he gave me 3 of them!!!! i am honestly completely inlove with it i think they will be my krox's i recommend everyone check them out there company is Avatars of War this model is not on there website but if you email them you can order it they do have it in stock.

also yes i am blatantly trying to get people to buy from them i think they are a fantastic team of guys and i really hope they turn into a successful company!

15. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

16. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Been lurking your thead from the start. Above average work for sure, but i havent really been blown away by the theme till now. Everything about the unit of saurus is spot on! From base, to shield, to banner, to pose, all the way to the unit filler. Really spot on. You nailed the greek theme for sure. Before it looked like a greek colored army. But those newest conversion really get it there. I can't wait to see more. You seem to produce really high quality work very quickly.