1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grey knights VS dark eldar

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Kar Gor, Aug 13, 2010.

?

GreyKnights VS DarkEldar

1. Who deserves an update first?

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Grey knights

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Dark eldar

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kar Gor
    Skink

Kar Gor New Member

Ok people i cant seem to make a poll so my half attempt

Dark eldar and greyknights are two of the lets say forgotten armies of 40k

The Dark eldar get alot of sympathy for being forgotten but i might add grey knigths were done about the same time as the older lizardmen book
    so vote
    who needs the update more

people say greyknights are a unbeatable army but with core at 25 points per guy (with 50 for the justicar you HAVE to take) plus costing £25 for 5 guys cmon back me up
    because lets face it marines dont need ANOTHER UPDATE

2. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

It's been 12 years since the Dark Eldar were updated. I think they need a new codex, and fast!

3. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

The thing is, they both can be effective if played correctly, and in the right tier. To be honest, Necrons need an update a lot more than either Dark Eldar or Inquisition. That said, I agree that they both do need an update. If rumors are anything to go by, then Dark Eldar are indeed the next Codex to be released, so we may see it sooner than we realize. The rumor that I'm sure everyone has heard by now is that Daemonhunters and Witch Hunters are being clumped together in one book, and that is probably going to be the next Codex released after Dark Eldar (going by speculation more than rumor in this instance).
    Personally though, I am waiting with baited breath for the next Tau Codex. Let my blue men shoot into combat again!

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

That rumour has been floating around for probably around 5 years... Just after Witch Hunters came out, there was meant to be Alien Hunters and they were going to combine all 3 into one book.

Dark Eldar are (finally!) apparently coming this november, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Jes comes up with for new models, I loved the old raider and ravager but the rest of the range is a little lacking, especially by today's standard.

5. Kar Gor
    Skink

Kar Gor New Member

Meh dark eldar won :(

6. strewart
    OldBlood

Yep, and they are looking magnificent! I'm definitely getting some. Prices are a little hard to swallow, but nothing unexpected really.

7. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Prices are on par with other kits, but ya a bit pricey. But on the plus side they have tons of options in them.

And Gray Knights are still rumored to be up next anyways, even though it should be necron imo.

8. strewart
    OldBlood

Yeah I know they are about right for current prices, but there is no doubt in recent years GW prices have really been pushing the boundary anyway.

My first thought was 10 DE warriors for $41? I used to be able to buy 20 of them for $34 10 years ago. More than double the price, not even petrol has gone up that much. Its difficult since you generally need a lot of DE in an army, though I haven't seen the new codex yet so can't really comment that well on army lists.

9. Chaq Mundi
    Saurus

Chaq Mundi New Member

Uh...the DE Kabalite warriors are $24.75, Strewart, not $41.

10. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

I do believe he is talking Australian dollars

11. strewart
    OldBlood

Yep, I live in Australia so I was going off our prices.

Did a bit of a conversion of what I would be paying from Maelstrom though, and I'm actually pretty happy with that. Just, as usual, the Aus prices are nuts.