1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

2600 Euros only buys a unit of skinks here in Australustria:(

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

small.jpg

:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:
    :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

Poor Aussies... but doesn't New Zealand have it even worse?

3. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

In México this prices are insane, nowadays one GBP equals 26.24 pesos, 2000 pounds are around 52500 pesos, thats a cheap bike or an extesively used car here!

There will be 7 winners, this are the rewards to choose:
    1. A Hobby Bundle (Citadel Green Stuff, Citadel Project Box, Citadel Palette Pad, Citadel Fine Detail Cutters, Citadel Sculpting Tool Set, Citadel Drill, Citadel File Set, Citadel Mouldline Remover, Citadel Cutting Mat, Citadel Liquid Green Stuff, How to Paint Citadel Miniatures, Complete Paint Brush Set and one of every paint), this valued 3000-3500 british pounds. HOLY. SHIT. Even more expensive than the third choice.
    2. A choice of one of two Scenery Bundles (Realm of Battle Ultima Quadrant for 40K, at 515 pounds, or AoS Scenary set [Realm of Battle Gamboard and some of the newer AoS scenary] at 400 pounds, this things are a bad joke IMO)
    3. Your choice of miniatures on www.games-workshop.com (yes, including Webstore Exclusives) totalling no more than GBP £2000 (or your very own shop).

Also, it seems that there are few countries outside of this: USA, Canada, NZ and Australia. They where saying that this was only for EU, but its also available for Japan and Rest of the World.

You know? I'll buy two Start Collecting Seraphon. Free delivering, strong Lizard army, 2 chances to enter. I could get a fuckton of miniatures. I lose nothing. I could win all.

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

I used a filter that was labeled "All Chaos Armies" on the games worship store. I noticed Skaven and Demons and Beasts were all mixed together.

Can you field Jezzails with Chaos Knights and Beastmen plus the odd Demon? Is that really how AoS works? :cyclops:

5. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

@pendrake You can field two Nagash together with Slann and Great Unclean One. There are literally no restrictions.

If I were to win, I would probably sell most of the stuff. I already have so much unpainted stuff, I could never finish all that... But good for GW!

This is not totally unheard of, though. Was it two years afo when they had that "win a space marine high pile of miniatures" competition.

6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Same here I would keep the scenery and board but sell most of the models.

7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Any chaos wizard can summon chaos daemons (the ones that are summonable.) So yeah a pestilenz/nurgle army would work really well together.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  8. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

That's a bad move, scenary bundle are only 500 GBP, compare it with 2000 pounds of miniatures or 1164.6 pounds of the Citadel Hobby Bundle.

9. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Why would that be a bad move?

10. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Because you can only grab one, and even then, its just half of the Hobby Bundle value and (holy mother) just 1/4 of the miniatures that you can grab.

Its far better to just resell the Hobby Bundle or the miniatures and grab as many scenary pieces as you can. Even from Forge World, damn.

11. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

But it's a 3 part price.. you get all 3 Hobby supplies + 1 of the Scenery Bundles + 2600 euros of minis

12. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Just re-read it. DEAR LORD, I thought it was only one of the three.

Now I'm tempted to buy even more Start Collecting boxes (and sell one of my kidneys on the process), but I didn't understand, you get one entry for each 50£ or only one per order? Because I would prefer to order 100£ intead two orders of 50£ and 13 extra for delivery.

Anyway, its still a bad move to just stay with the boards, only because you will need to paint them anyway and if you already have some miniatures without painting, you could use some pots too.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  13. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Yep it's all 3!

14. Crowsfoot
    Slann

£2000 worth of models is a lot of painting, I for one would not like to have a massive pile of models that need assembly then paint not in one go, fair to say I would probably keep around a 250 wound army or 2 armies, maybe 3, 4 errm 5!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    StealthKnightSteg likes this.
  15. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

It is a lot, if chosen the cheaper boxed armies does result in much drowning. I chucked in my order but my luck is terrible with raffles, I did actually won a raffle once but I wasn't there at the time and they gave it to someone else...
    Anyway it is a lot, with the paint bundles, scenery boards, a pile of miniatures. I sit and wonder how much money they rake in to do this.
    I wonder about AoS, if fate did shine on me for once. I would do the fluff army Skaven for fluff purposes. I might end up doing model giveaways too if it's too much. Don't like the idea of selling stuff that was won. Or maybe decide between my boyfriend on army, share models.

16. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Do a syndicate, join forces and share the prize if you win, obviously a lot of trust is needed if you don't know the people in the syndicate.

17. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

I could, just trying to work out things.

18. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

In my case I'll be actually short of miniatures.

My plans its to get as many "expansion" miniatures as I can and later on Christmas buy some Start Collecting boxes and great value boxes (Tyranid Swarm and Chaos Deathtide).

And I'm pointing at 5 different armies. Funny enough, I had enough space to fit at least one box of every Lizard aside the Start Collecting boxes.

Still funny, I found a way to make both a £2000 and £1999.50 buy list, and actually added some more boxes and special miniatures to fit those extra empty spaces. That mostly because I want a Kult of Speed Ork army, but I have no Idea about how to make one, so I let them to other life.

Anyone can win, everything on this Universe its out of control an odds are nothig. But I have some kind of luck on raffles, last one was on Christmas, won a basket for hollidays, you know, some food, and wines, and before that some other nice prices that I can't even remember, so yeah, why not?

Also, remember, there is only one entry per order, not for each £50 you order, confirmed by customer service.

StealthKnightSteg likes this.
  19. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

Hmm. What should I get? A half-decent 40k army (sylvaneth?), a minimum of one box of every Seraphon warscroll, and Archaon and Nagash as I just need to paint them both. Also, as many paints as I can carry.

PhoenixTheCat likes this.
  20. Crowsfoot
    Slann

One of each paint is part of the prize so is a battleboard set of either 40k or AOS scenery and one of every tool as well as £2000 models you can pick!

Otzi'mandias likes this.