1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Combat phase in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I like your thinking. If you could paint the flesh sections to look like stone/marble/gold it could make for a great conversion. They might be a little small though.

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah it is funny that Game of Thrones uses a very similar one. I _think_ mine is older as I used it first for some undead army in my D&D games but I am not sure....

NIGHTBRINGER, Ritual and Lord-Marcus like this.
  3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

That was my plan. Or wrap the bodies in bandages. Haven't decided. Heads would be converted or replaced. Weapons would be converted

Ritual likes this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Stalkers are constructs, which means they are statues made of stone.

Of course, deviating from the lore is acceptable too. I think it is an interesting idea.

Ritual likes this.
  5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I'm aware, I was thinking worse case scenario I breach lore a little bit

Ritual likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Nothing wrong with that. You can easily write a bit of lore that explains the deviation.

Ritual and Aginor like this.
  7. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

"Nightbringer said it was a cool idea"

Done.

Ritual, NIGHTBRINGER and Aginor like this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Go forth and make it so! I can't wait to see it!

Ritual likes this.
  9. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Can do.

Ritual likes this.
  10. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

The winged witch elves we're posted today. They have tails and would make interesting succubi with wings if painted an appropriate skin tone.

Ritual likes this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Looking forward to making Kroxigors out of these and Saurus warrior bodies...

The aspiring Fyreslayer player starts to rub his hands together with glee as Fyreslayers have Ward Saves, I.e. saves against mortal wounds.

Or Kroxigors with Saurus bodies. It looks like they are going to be 5-packs too, which would make for a potent Kroxigor unit.

I wish you the best of luck. Fyreslayers it seems will have a better time of it. Basic witch elves only have a 6+ Ward so they’ll be easy for even Vulkites to take out as long as I get the charge. The Melusai deal out mortal wounds but Vulkites have from 6+ to 4+ Ward and Hearthguard Berzerkers have a 4+ Ward as long as there is a character near them. Regular Hearthguard aren’t going to do so well but I plan to pair them with a Runesmiter who can get them to Deep Strike in any of my turns so they can blast the unit I want them to blast. Good for inflicting 3 wounds on Morathi every turn. Magmadroth will be great at wading through Witch Elves, especially with the Runefather on top, but I would need to keep him away from Morathi because his huge amount of damage would be wasted on her with that ridiculous Heart of Khaine.

Look forward to getting some Fyreslayers together to combat the new enemy!

Or you can just paint them to look as though they are made of Stone...

I do this all the time. I’ve explained why my Skaven have found super-rare blue warpstone and are not going to share I thought for instance...

NIGHTBRINGER, Ritual and little-myth like this.
  13. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah, as a Death player I also don't care too much, but as long as there are only a few armies that have ways to deal with those mortal wounds (Death, Fyreslayers, and very few others, like those Aelves now) I have to say I see no real balance in the game. They are just shifting from "a few armies cause lots of mortal wounds, those are the strongest" to "a few armies can withstand lots of mortal wounds, those are the strongest". Of course very roughly speaking, the effect isn't strong enough to bring a really bad army (like Deathrattle before the new Battletome) to the top. It is still there and hurts some armies a lot.

Ritual likes this.
  14. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

I'm still here thinking of all the ways, might have to go mass and fast with them. Speed vs speed. Cause why spend the points on something that would just get riddled with mortal wounds. Might just take a Basti with lots of cheaper units, Basti can survive the mortal wounds a bit and the cheaper larger units can take that bit also.

Ritual likes this.
  15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Agreed. It shifts the balance from a large number of armies to an ‘elite few’. Fyreslayers are especially competent now that the new General’s Handbook gives them the Runes they can activate once per game and the six magic items Fyreslayers characters can choose from. In fact Fyreslayers are good at both dealing mortal wounds and shielding those dealt to them by the enemy. It’s funny that GW really favour the Stormcast yet they have very little (if any) mortal wound protection.

16. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Perhaps take large units of Saurus Warriors so they can outfight the Witch Elves. Skinks would have no chance at this.

Ritual, Aginor and little-myth like this.
  17. little-myth
    Carnasaur

That is true, good thing I have been building more Saurus lately. I'm usually more of a Skink player. Will need to look over the other options I can have to tag along with them. This would be a 1000 point list. I also just realised she would be taking part in the doubles tourn, I'm not going though. I would guess she would use her Sylvaneth

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Good idea - allying with the True Enemy will not be tolerated. ;)

Seraphandy, Ritual and little-myth like this.
  19. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Well I did shock myself one time when my Kroxigor took out her Alarielle. Then she wasn't using the tree spam at the time because she didn't want to find the trees in the storage boxes.

Then the Khinerai models for DoK, they can ambush from the skies. In the shooting, if they shoot and run, they can also roll a dice, on a 4+ they can move 6". The models look crazy fragile also.

Ritual and Crowsfoot like this.
  20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That was my thinking as well...

Ritual likes this.