1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Combat phase in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Lion time, fun time.

[​IMG]

It looks like a pelt. There is fur were the under jaw should be, and there is something in the background of the image.

[​IMG]

2. Soxii
    Saurus

Soxii Active Member

A lot of rumour sites are saying it's to do with Lion L Johnson from the Dark Angels in 40k (given how he sometimes has a lion pelt modelled on him too) but I'm more inclined to think it's the Lion Rangers faction for AOS (White Lions of Chrace from the old High Elves as seen above) especially when they only have 2 models in their range (and wasn't there a rumour about Elves/Aelves getting a release after the Dwarves/Duardin soon? Possibly to tie in with the whole 'Slaanesh is missing' storyline? Just throwing out ideas here- let the rumour-mongering begin!)

Ritual and Bowser like this.
  3. Zirilian of the Claw
    Saurus

Zirilian of the Claw Well-Known Member

I hope it's the Lion Rangers or something similar for AoS. This would make me very happy as I'd love to possibly get a Korhil or Korhilesqe character. Plus, High Elves using axes are a great sight that separates Warhammer from some of the other fantasy settings.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  4. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

I don't think they'd release El'Jonson just yet. I mean he is the most logical candidate for next loyalist(?) Primarch but we know Mortarion's next in line. Really we haven't seen Guilliman even DO anything yet aside from go on an interstellar road trip, get kidnapped and have a touching father-son moment with a corpse. I don't feel like we're ready for a second loyalist.

That said, they leaked Kharadron Overlord stuff waaaay before release so maybe this is the first glimpse of something that's not due out for another 6 months? I'd rather it be Aelfs though, I feel like they're a key part of the AoS universe that's currently MIA.

5. Dragonfire
    Cold One

Dragonfire Well-Known Member

From a cost perspective, they may be charging more because they're Print on Demand. But it's also GW, so take from that what you will.

6. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

7. Zirilian of the Claw
    Saurus

Zirilian of the Claw Well-Known Member

Love it. My gaming preference is pen and paper RPGs so this should be fun.

8. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for over a month of delay. Real life struck me like a truck because I'm processing my transfer to UNAM to finish my bachelor's degree (I'm Mexican and I'm studying biology). Fortunately, I've got enough time to breath and sit down for a while now.

And today is Warhammer Fest. Oh boy...

Well, I'll go week by week for now so let's start:

Blood Bowl at Warhammer Fest, featuring some interesting orc kit-bash: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/16/blood-bowl-at-warhammer-fest/

Magnus the Red, Lord of Prospero, from Forge World, available first on Warhammer Fest: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/17/keep-an-eye-out-at-warhammer-fest-for-this-guy/

Some updates on Warhammer Fest Tournaments, as well as showing what and how much they need to prepare for running five tournaments. And it certainly is A LOT of stuff: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/18/updates-to-grand-tournaments-at-warhammer-fest/

Rumour Engine – April 19th, 2017, I can't not believe is not a Skaven tail: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/19/rumour-engine-april-19th-2017/

[​IMG]

Desolation of Stockport is a Hobbit event at Element Games North West Gaming Centre, this article tells us what happened and is quite fun to read: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/20/the-desolation-of-stockport-2017-review/

Thranduil, King of the Woodland Realm, an Elf on an Elk, available from FW: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/21/elf-on-an-elk/

Ah, look at that stylish Contemptor Dreadnought from Space Wolves Legion, also available on FW:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/21/my-armour-is-contempt/

Well, by now we obviously know it, but Warhammer 40,000 Eight Edition is coming very, very soon, and with it, daily articles about many different topics about the different changes: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/22/breaking-news/

Alongside a new FAQ: https://www.warhammer-community.com...00-your-questions-answeredgw-homepage-post-2/

There is already a thread on the General Hobby/Tabletop Chat discussing all of this here: http://lustria-online.com/threads/new-40k.19464/

Even more Shadow War: Armageddon downloads and rules, alongside the rulebook to play :
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/22/shadow-war-armageddon-the-rules/
    https://www.warhammer-community.com...on-pre-order-and-downloadsgw-homepage-post-4/

And the second Kharadron Overlords shipping was embarked, bringing the Grundstock Thunderers; heavy (and I mean HEAVY) weapons and Gunhaulers; the smaller Kharadron aethercraft; tough, fast and shooty: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/22/grundstok-gunners-reporting-in/

Well, one week covered. But I'm determined to cover all the weeks I left unchecked!

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Ritual, Bracnos, Bowser and 1 other person like this.
  9. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Very unrelated question, but what do Mexican people think of president Doritto further up north?

Ritual, Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  10. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Coalscence, the new AoS narrative campaign will go live on the 10th of June.

Here

And here

"The great and terrible Godbeast, Eristrat, a beast without its own will, an empty vessel filled by the will of its master. Too horrible for any single allegiance to wield, and so it was imprisoned long ago beneath the formidable Citadel of Carcerűn. But all prisons need a lock. Upon the highest crest of the tallest tower, was set the Diaphanous Fastness, a radiant crystal, its colors shifting dissonantly. Mighty deeds, performed by the Realms’ greatest heroes hold the power to resonate with the crystal. If truly worthy they might even bind the Godbeast to the champion’s allegiance and Eristrat would be freed to serve them, whatever their goals. The Citadel of Carcerűn itself was clouded in half truths, long forgotten fables and cast between realms. Existing in all of the Mortal Realms at once and yet in none simultaneously, Carcerűn has remained elusive to those few who sought out its power and wonders. If none can find Carcerűn, or the Diaphanous Fastness, it can never be unlocked. As with any jewel, including the Fastness, chips are created when the gem was cut. Even as chips, their diminished beauty was something to behold. When found, mortals embedded them in sculptures, architecture, and works of art which became landmarks and places of importance. Scattered across the eight Realms these chips were hidden in plain sight, but the knowledge of their connection remained unperceived. There are whispers and rumors of these shards being found and attuned, causing a great awakening across the lands. Scouts have been dispatched across the realms to discover the hiding places that are now being called Keystone Shards. If any one Grand Alliance can attune enough of the Keystone Shards then the resonance would unlock the Diaphanous Fastness, unleashing Eristrat from Carcerűn to the whim of the favored alliance."

The four Grand alliances will battle for control of this beast (but we all know that Order or Chaos will win), and use it's power too their own ends.

Ritual likes this.
  11. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

Ooh exciting! I've been waiting for GW to do something like this since silver tower, but I thought they'd delay a bit longer before release. I need this now though so I'm not complaining.

Ritual likes this.
  12. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

So find enough of the little MacGuffins, and your army can find its way to the big MacGuffin, on top of the big fortress (for which you'll need to buy several fort and tower kits) and if you get the big MacGuffin you then earn the right to buy a HUGE forgeworld model for ~£200-300??? :rolleyes:

(Meanwhile some people who supported Reaper's most recent KickStarter are getting massive five-headed Dragons in the mail....$60 in the KS.)

[​IMG]
    Look for the tiny 28mm knight...bottom right corner.

Warden, Jorgik, Captaniser and 3 others like this.
  13. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

So, heard about the rumor that Ferrus Manus is leading the legion of the damned?

Soxii and Ritual like this.
  14. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

How the Lion will return.

[​IMG]

Warden, Soxii and Ritual like this.
  15. Soxii
    Saurus

Soxii Active Member

Haven't heard that rumour before! Considering the potential psychic-esque links the primarchs have to the emperor/warp presence, and (if I remember correctly) how Manus sent out some kind of ethereal energy blast when he was beheaded by Fulgrim (I think - I haven't read the Fulgrim HH novel in years) that rumour kind of makes sense? Kind of want that to happen now- that and the supposed story of Fabious Bile cloning Ferrus constantly for Fulgrim to try and convert him to Chaos and failing every time (never found the source for that story, but I remember one of my warhammer buddies telling me about it a while ago). Imagine the potential civil wars and factions that would arise in the Iron Hands chapter! Not that GW would ever go down that route, but hey, you never know! :)

Captaniser and Ritual like this.
  16. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

It's gotta be this given the latest pic....

[​IMG]

Captaniser and Warden like this.
  17. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

It definately looks like it could be the Lion, although it might be some high elves with dragon capes?

Probably not if this spoiler is supposed to be 40K...

That dragon is epic :wideyed:

Ritual likes this.
  18. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Once new 40k drops we might start getting more more AoS related news anyway. Give it a week for hype...

19. Dragonfire
    Cold One

Dragonfire Well-Known Member

As an Iron Hands player, that would be SO SO AWESOME for Ferrus Manus to be the new leader of the Legion of the Damned!

Warden, Soxii and Ritual like this.
  20. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

the new rumor engiene is up.

[​IMG]

I think it is Chaos related.

Jorgik and Soxii like this.