1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

Yes the new skaven and Skeleton pictures, but @pendrake was referring to the Seraphon and Chaos boxes

2. MomoTheKiller
    Skink

MomoTheKiller Member

Hmm yes this is new wave of Start Collecting Battalions, same as last Star Collecting Seraphon. And more will be soon :)

3. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

So new Stormcast coming next week and week after, Dracoth Cavalry in 4 weapon types and later a big drake (blurry in the coming WD)

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Of course they are, can't you see them? you just can google them anyway.

And yeah, dracoth cavalry next week. Damn, I want those adorable, scaly drakes so badly.

[​IMG]

dwarfepic, Bracnos and Bowser like this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

IMHO... meh :meh:

I think the best AoS model release has been the Gaunt Summoner. Tzeentch for the win!

6. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

7. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

I join @NIGHTBRINGER 's "meh faction": I don't find these models attractive at all.
    Never liked the dracoth model (the big drake, on the contrary, might be another story... :D)

Certainly, they could have imagined something a bit more original, in my opinion...

Jorgik and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Welcome to the club!

#teammeh :meh:

Freddy25 likes this.
  9. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Core army and the really old models where the poses are almost identical with each one.

Still twiddling my claws together for some Seraphon goodies.

10. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

I was referring to the Dracoth per se, not their riders (althought I do like Sigmarines aestethics, too bad that I wanted some greek heavy armors fighting against egyptian skeletons...).

According to some anons telling to Bell of Lost Souls (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/03/the-next-gw-army-to-be-squatted-is.html), Tomb Kings were the first victim:

- Brettonia will be gone too, just like "The World That Was".
    - Dwarfs will get some Squats too (got the reference?), I bet for them getting a major reworking.
    - Empire will have heavy casualities, just like HE and DE (This one seems ok, I hated those retard looking dragons).

HeirofCarnage and Freddy25 like this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

The dark elves and especially the high elves dragon is epic. What is wrong with them?

12. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Aside Dreadlord on Black Dragon, they all look quite hideous.

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Including??...
    d.jpg

You're saying that the dragon above looks hideous but the Sigmarines look good?!?! :facepalm:

To each his/her own I guess. It's gotta be an AoS sort of thing ;)

HeirofCarnage and pendrake like this.
  14. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

That one is the one that I dislike the most. That because I don't like wyrms (and the tongue gives me chills) and I have seen some WHF art, and those are far better than this. Also I had problem about how much their boddies twisted.

And yeah, I do like Sigmarines, I like the golden armour and that greek feel, they are bulky Space Marines, but I can't see why to hate them just because they are Sigmarines.

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

You and I are opposites then. I love that dragon leaping off the rocks; it's one my favourites. As for the Sigmarines, they're not bad models but a little bland for my liking. Definitely not my cup of tea. Such is personal nature of aesthetics I suppose.

Jorgik likes this.
  16. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Maybe, I personally have problems with the dragons looking almos like basilisks and the mouth looks akward for me (except, like I already mentioned, https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Dark-Elf-Dreadlord-on-Black-Dragon, this guy looks amazing). Anyway, thats no problem, we all have different likings, the wider the merrier (except if you dislike Lizardmen, but we all know that if that is possible the results for that poor soul are hopeless).

Anyway, what matters here is that Bretts will kiss good bye and many of the "order" armies from the Old World will get an overhaul. I don't care a lot about Brets, but they had some cool looking horses.

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'm always sad to see another piece of the old world thrown away. I was never really a fan of Bretonnia (unlike the Tomb Kings which I absolutely loved), but it is sad none the less.

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  18. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

If there was a dislike button I would use it for this. At least we agree in regard to the horses.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  19. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

But why the h*ll do they have to do this,?!?! what´s the problem of keeping the moulds even if they are not as used as sigmarines´ molds? I don´t understand why would they want to get rid of armies, there´s no point at all even if they don´t give GW as much benefit as they want it to, there´s no excuse to what they are doing but " because we feel like it and we don´t give a damn about what brett or tomb kings lovers think about our decision".

About the dragon, I have to agree with @NIGHTBRINGER. I absolutely hate the look of the new AoS models, except for a few that are very good, but only good for showcasing. Take archaon, for example: it´s a beautiful model, but I bet it breaks just by looking at it. Then you take that magadroth and compare with that dragon up above. I prefer a million times the dragon, the magmadorth (just as all the fireslayers models) doesn´t have any movement to it, just a bulk with a raised arm. I see it like a cat asking you to hold hands. Also, some (a great percentage) of the Tomb kings models they got rid of were far far far more beautiful than the ones that came to replace them.

I kind of feel happy that I never really got into those armies, because I´d be *swear* angry at GW for what they did.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  20. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Well im new to the hobby but as I look at the other armies with dragons, honestly they don't look like what I thought a DRAGON would look like. before I was a heavy D&D and a lot of other tabletop rpgs. And in my head when I think of a dragon it looks like a powerhouse. Most the dragons look like skinny weak worms next to them. archaon's mount looks imposing as dose the magmadorth. For me I like the looks of simars army they remind me of Greco-Roman solders and the models look like a warrior built for power, I also really like the angelic tilt to them. As I read around the boards on Sigmar, I feel that most of the hate comes from the anger on the game changing and some if it might drop to the models. I feel like im rambling but Ill end with im new to the game so I had no stake in the tomb kings or the brits. So I as a new Hobbyist enjoy the new models (not the dwarfs save the magmadorth but that's because I have never been into dwarfs as a mythos from D&D ^_^:p)