1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: magic and prayers in #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Not all of them! Wasn't there a Malign Portents story that had Arkhan thinking treacherous thoughts or something? There might be others that can escape Nagashs influence.

But yeah, curious how FEC will develop lore wise.

2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Wasn't that mannfred? And wasn't it also thoroughly established like 2 sentences later that he'd never consider acting on those threacherous thoughts as even he, despite having an ego the size of a planet, knew he didn't stand a chance in hell? I did also mean meaningfull conflict, where Nagash actually loses (and not on accident cuz some skaven crawled into his lair and screwed stuff up on accident… again…)

3. Aginor
    Slann

It is kind of a blur in my memory... I really don't remember...
    But yeah Nagash is very powerful. Maybe too powerful to write good stories involving Death characters. :(

4. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

At least until Settra resurrects to conquer the afterlife.

5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

To be honest, one of the gods he absorbed should've managed to fight em off so the realm of death would be divided between the two in an neverending war and everyone else could move on and ignore Nagash for the most part as he and that god occasionally yell "just as planned" while their more, "mortal" avatars do the actual work in the stories

Warden and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

7. Aginor
    Slann

I like them so far.

8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Yeah the pools look cool, hmmm Skaven .....

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I like how the terrain interacts with pretty much everything on the board but in different ways.

Seraphandy likes this.
  10. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Nice stuff, pools look great, and the spells as chaotic as Skaven is.

I like the fact that GW brings more and more factional scenery.

Gr, Imrahil

11. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Well, let's take a quick look at LVO19:

[​IMG]

Unified daemon army? Gutbusters next? yet another SE Battletome? how long for our scaly-endless spells?

[​IMG]

Blades of Khorne updated with non-endless spells. And a new Skulltaker on the way too.

[​IMG]

I don't know what is this, but I'm sure no Sigmarines will be involved in the creation of this product.

[​IMG]

What it seems to be a new Kill Team for AoS.

[​IMG]

Ylthari’s Guardians, a brand new warband for Underworlds. Where my Lizards at?

And some extra goodies for 40K, including a new battlebox full of exclusive models-only.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  12. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

Hey I can feel my wallet rejoicing.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  13. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

*Yawn emoticon here* Of course GW were setting up all the Xenos boxes just as preludes to yet more Imperium vs Chaos rubbish. Nobody here in their right mind should care about this. Move along.

I am so annoyed about this. Damned Blades of Khorne don’t need a new Battletome yet - they’ve got one of the newer books already!!!!!:mad::punch::rage:

To make matters worse, the cover art isn’t new, it’s reusing the cover art of the first General’s Handbook - shame on you GW! I thought you knew better for Age of Sigmar!

The only relief I feel is from GW saying that every Grand Alliance will get Battletomes. Seeing as they’ve put up the picture of all the Grand Alliances from the 2nd Edition rulebook but with an edited Chaos entry, they may be hinting some releases to us:
    Order: Sigmarines have already got a Battletome for 2nd Edition but Fyreslayers are seen in the background - I’m hoping that this’ll mean the sons of Grimnir will be getting an update very soon!
    Death: The only thing this image signifies to me is that Legions of Nagash will be updated at some point. Can’t think why because they’re already top-tier apparently, but all the Vampires are part of LoN so I’m guessing it’s LoN. Unless Mannfred tries to break from Nagash following that story about Mannfred’s thoughts of betraying his master, in which case it might be his faction and LoN getting updated tomes to reflect this.
    Chaos: I’m guessing that this is signifying Chaos Undivided, i.e. Darkoath/Slaves to Darkness, as all 4 gods are being represented, or maybe it will signify all 4 Chaos Gods getting 2nd Edition tomes this year (won’t that be boring) starting with Blades of Khorne.
    Destruction: Gloomspite Gitz have already appeared in January, but it looks very much like Gutbusters will be next - the Ogre in the foreground is an Ogre Kingdoms (i.e. Gutbusters) Ogre rather than a Beastclaw Raiders Ogre wielding frost weapons and wearing furs. It could also mean Beastclaw Raiders get a tome as well to update them, but Gutbusters are front and centre here and all but confirmed.

This does look cryptic, but I’m convinced it’s going to feature Seraphon/Lizardmen. How do I know? Well, listen to this Lizardmen theme from Warhammer II Total War:

And then watch the trailer again:

Recognise the music? I think it’s a subtle hint that GW might be teasing something Lizardmen related. That symbol looks a bit like a Seraphon artefact and when they said ‘something terrible is awakening’, certainly it hints to me as though a new Lizardmen monster might appear or something. Certainly the talk about storms and heavens means it’s either Sigmarines or Seraphon, and because of the music hint I think it’ll be about the Seraphon coming in to sort out Nagash.

How’s that going to work seeing that they’ve already revamped Skirmish in White Dwarf?

Nah, I’m waiting for the Kharadron as they were also confirmed at some point. Also the second example now of the leader model looking a lot uglier than her illustration suggested (the first being the leader of the Godsworn Hunt looking more like an African voodoo priestess than a northern barbarian leader). The illustration made her look almost like a Bretonnian Damsel who had been resurrected as a spirit, but here she goes back to the less than pleasant Revenant aesthetic. Still, some more material for the Gloomforest Spawn, and this might mean Sylvaneth will be getting a tome which will please the Sylvaneth fans among us. If that’s the case, we can look forward to a Kharadron tome when their warband comes out.

Overall a mixed bunch of releases in my view, but still some things to hope for. Cheers @Cristhian MLR for taking the time to post all of this up.

14. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Plus listening carefully you can hear a rumbling roar of sorts about 00:12-00:21

Well hoping for some Seraphon goodies soon, need something to really cheer me up.

Update: Would be a kick if they are just using Seraphon music for their Stormcasts...

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

That wouldn’t just be a kick, it would be a kick to the nether-regions. It would be absolutely crazy and ridiculous, and a sign that GW had lost all sense of rational intelligence. But then, they’re updating rubbishy Blades of Khorne before the proper factions, so they might already have...

little-myth likes this.
  16. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

The thought came to mind when they used the Vermintide theme from Total War for a video, can't remember which one though.

17. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Not only the music, the graphics point out star maps, but would a Stardrake awakening be considered "terrible"

For Nagash it would :D

Canas likes this.
  18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Meh, not just the music and the star maps. But also the theme forbidden power. Slann are still supposed to be the supreme magic users. Migth as well have them show up and do something about this upstart necromancer....

Crowsfoot likes this.
  19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Stardrakes are Stormcast beasts though :confused: don’t you mean Carnosaur?

I thought we already did :D

Canas likes this.