1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Battleshock GONE! and more! AoS 4

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That's probably the angle they are playing.

2. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I don't have the collosal amount of money in it I would like to have.

Sisters of battle in 40k are sometimes called nuns with guns.

I believe that is where Ben came up with the idea

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Fair enough. So is it safe to say that you are emotionally all in then?

They are very different. In this case it is very literal.

4. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

A: yes.

B: that's the joke

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

It's definitely a niche market, but it will catch some people's attention.

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

MOONCLAN! MOONCLAN! MOONCLAN! MOONCLAN!

And this is confirmed as the next tome! :woot:

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

8. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

The dulac Hive gang for necromunda also got revealed.

9. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Was there a Clint Eastwood or Spagetti Western named:

Three _______s For Sister Sarah?

...mighta involved a “nun” who rode a mule in a few scenes? ( I also am getting a feeling there is a punchline in there somewhere )

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Betraying your allegiance to your beloved Dwarfs are we? :eek:

Finally more Tomb Kings? :woot:... no?.... really?....:meh:.... *goes back to slumber*

Joking aside, it should be a fun release!

11. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Looks like Dark Mechanicus to me. Or maybe some slaves for the Iron Warriors?

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

The new Delaque gang looks really weird - the original models were just small pale humans in greatcoats looking shifty, while these chaps look more like human Haemonculi. I certainly prefer Houses Cawdor and Orlock to these.

Funny thing is, when I first bought Battle for Skull Pass I was only really interested in the Dwarf contingent, but since playing so many fun and hilarious games against the Night Goblins (my dad plays them a lot) I can honestly say I love them to bits just as much as my Dwarfs. As I say about a month or so back I was able to find a whole host of old Night Goblin models from past Fantasy editions, and I’m really looking forward to patching them up and giving them a home in our army. I’m really looking forward to seeing what GW does with them, as certainly any plastic Squig Hoppers and herders would look great in our games of Fantasy, and they would also be a great faction to play in AoS - I imagine the rules for them will end up being completely bonkers one way or another like the original Greenskin rules. It’s also great to see Destruction finally getting some love again.

[​IMG]

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  13. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

So many things from the Blood and Glory previews!
    New battletome coming
    Wrath and Rupture, I wonder if I will be carrying on building the Slaanesh models... Also Plastic Flesh Hounds it seems
    Also GW, why does your House Delaque from Necromunda remind me of Mr X from Resident Evil 2?
    Waiting on the rest of the battleforce boxes for this years Christmas, not like anyone in the family will buy me any :p My mum said she will get me a painting handle with the clips on. She said it's more useful (in other words I have too many unpainted miniatures)

14. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

I agree. All of the other gangs have at least one model I would like to include in a custom Venator gang, but none of these really do it for me. From the pictures, their proportions seem almost like two children standing on each other’s shoulders, hidden by a trench coat

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

They should be a very interesting release. I just thought it funny because Dwarfs and Orcs/Goblins are such bitter enemies. Now you'll be playing both sides (just as I do with Lizardmen and Chaos).

I'd love to see some new Squig models. My wife loves the old models, she would be happy to see even more of them.

16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I'd say your request has been granted. ;)

17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I'll actually be playing all 3 sides of the Karak Eight Peaks campaign (Dwarfs, Night Goblins and Skaven), both sides of the War of Vengeance (Dwarfs and High Elves) and both sides of the Lustria campaign (Lizardmen and Skaven)!

It's highly likely that new Squig Hoppers and Herders will appear for definite - they are some of the oldest models GW still makes, dating from around 5th-6th Edition fantasy I believe. OK, the Beastmen release didn't give us any plastic Centigors, but they're newer than the Squig Hoppers and Herders and while the Beastmen release was simply a 'small' existing army Battletome release (like Legions of Nagash, which also didn't give us any new models), I'm pretty sure Moonclan will be bigger than that. OK, Moonclan are also an existing army, but nothing on the scale that Beastmen are now - Moonclan only have 5 units and 5 characters (and a few Forge World releases), so are currently a pretty small army, and now that GW are being more thorough in their new AoS army releases, it's extremely likely Moonclan will get some new units, especially if they're going to be getting as many releases as, say, Nighthaunt, who got so many that it got a bit boring after a while (at least for me it did as I don't like Nighthaunt much at all). Because they'll be making some new models anyway, GW will probably say "here are some plastic versions of old models while you're at it" and bring out some new Squigs, like they did with the Black Coach (another really old model before the Nighthaunt release). I imagine they'll be very similar to the ones released with Zarbag's Gitz.

It may be likely that they also release a new Mangler Squig model, but that one was released a lot later (December 2011 I believe it was), so a new one of these is considerably less likely. I'm going to try and divine the Runes of Fortune again and make this prediction for the releases:

2-3 new named characters (Nighthaunt got 3 while the previous new army, Idoneth, got 2, so the number of famous characters Moonclan will get will be either of those I imagine) - maybe Skarsnik could return. If a boring character like Alarielle can return, a fan-favourite like Skarsnik (who is also the most kunnin' Goblin that ever lived) should get a massive new model if GW have any sense of justice.
    The previously-mentioned plastic Squig Hoppers and Herds
    Dankhold-Troggoths AKA Warhammer Cave Trolls - I certainly wouldn't be surprised if we got a full kit of these after seeing the one in Nightvault, and if they do appear they would have to go with Moonclan because of their troglodyte nature
    Some of those strange Squig-sprites that also accompanied the Cave Troll in Nightvault - could be magical creations that can be summoned by Shamans
    Some of those Grot Scuttlings that first appeared in Silver Tower - they are more Spiderfang in nature but wear Night Goblin attire
    An elite missile unit with really crazy missile weapons - expect goblins that throw exploding mushrooms or something like that (Night Goblins are not the bravest creatures around, so any 'elite' unit would probably have a missile weapon as missile weapons are seen as more kunnin')
    Perhaps a plastic Colossal Squig or something along those lines as a really big monster
    Some insectoid creatures like the ones accompanying the Fungoid Cave Shaman, only BIGGER! - either as a cavalry unit or as a monster
    Something else Squig-related, perhaps Squig summonables or something like that - you can't have too many Squigs!
    Probably more, what I've suggested is probably the tip of the iceberg for Moonclan!

ChapterAquila92 and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

God I'd love for a proper squig army, I bought the goblin warboss on a squig just cuz of how amazing it looks even if it's an old model. It's the only destruction model I actually bought on purpose (those spidergrots from the silver tower don't count :p). Having an army of these adorable lil Knights seems amazing.

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

When it comes to undead, you got to stay loyal to the Tomb Kings!

Loyalty to no one! :D I didn't know that you played High Elves.

20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Agreed. Nighthaunt aren't a patch on them.

I do indeed - my 5 armies are Dwarfs, Lizardmen, Greenskins, Skaven and High Elves. My dad most often plays with the Greenskins and High Elves (as they're his favourites) but we share them all between us. I do most of the making and painting and I've memorised the vast majority of the rules of the games we play because he hasn't had the time to do so.

ChapterAquila92 and NIGHTBRINGER like this.