1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW Ripperdactyls

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Mikau, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Mikau
    Jungle Swarm

Mikau New Member

I recently bought a set of Ripperdactyls and want to paint them orange (with teal skinks), matching the rest of my army (and not so coincidentally, the GW paint scheme). Does anyone have any idea about how the GW staff did theirs? The only way I know how to do orange (like my Slann, in which I highlighted Troll Slayer Orange with Fire Dragon Bright with increasing amounts of Flash Gitz Yellow pic below) is too bright for the Ripperdactyls imo, I'd like it to be a bit closer to brown. Does anyone have any suggestions?

imag0168p.jpg

2. lizardmek
    Saurus

lizardmek New Member

paint then the same as you army but then use a red and or brown washes to tone the bright orange down

my tip is do 2-3 thin/watered down washes ( waiting till they completely dry before applying the next coat )
    that way you get the look you want stop that way you dont go too dark right away unless you want to

or

you start with orange them add camo style skin blotches or markings then add a brown wash to pull the whole thing together