1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello there, mind giving a 40k player a helping hand?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HarryCane, Mar 1, 2017.

1. HarryCane
    Jungle Swarm

HarryCane Member

Hey there... Yeah, I haven't wrote an forum introduction in what seems like forever so bare with me :p

I've been a 40k fan for almost ten years now but I never really got into Fantasy, that was until I stumbled across a few badass Lizard Men and Tomb kings sets way back In 2014... And you can see where this is going can't you?

End times derped the Tombkings out of existence and I just really avoided AoS in favor of picking up a Fantasy 8th edition core Rule book. Yet the Lizardmen remained super interesting to me, and then I unfortunately discovered that outside of a few novels (The Burning Shore & Temple of the Serpent) you guys seem to have gotten the short end of the Lore stick.
    But that's why 1d4chan and Wiki's exist I guess and I'm here to kinda try and finally throw my hat into the ring and start collecting Lizardmen stuff.

I also adore the PC Game BloodBowl 2 (You can probably figure out who I play as if I joined this site ;) ) and I was looking to possible host a league with some like minded players if any one has the free time.

If any one is curious to know what 40k Stuff I own then see the picture attached and it's a pleasure to be here! ^_^
    [​IMG]

Warden, Scalenex, Qupakoco and 3 others like this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Welcome to the forum!!! :):)

There aren't many of us 8th Edition players left on the forum, but a few of us are still defiantly kicking around. Definitely feel free to strike up some 8th edition discussions!!

You'll find a huge fluff section on this forum with many members contributing a wide variety of Lizardmen related stories. There are also short story competitions held every couple of months. You can definitely find some fluff to fill the void left behind by GW and perhaps even try your hand at writing some fluff yourself.

http://www.lustria-online.com/forums/fluff-and-stories.32/

I've got that game on my PS4. I love my lizards, but I always seem to do better playing Chaos (they level up so well!)

Warden, Scalenex and Bowser like this.
  3. HarryCane
    Jungle Swarm

HarryCane Member

Well i did manage to grab said core rulebook for £5 in Hobbycraft, reduced from £50 so I'll still take my ownership of such a book as a win ;)
    But I'm assuming many have just moved onto other fantasy wargames, AoS and the unofficial 9th edition?

Thanks for the warm welcome, hopefully I can find my footing and start to post more in the future =D

And I've only spent 20 hours in the PC Version myself, I've roped a few of my none warhammer friends into buying it (They adore the sense of humor) but I'm just struggling to break into the Multiplayer scene, hence my idea to just host my own personal League- possible involving users from this site or something similar ^_^

Bowser likes this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That's a great deal!
    On this site it seems that the most popular game is AoS at the moment. There are a few T9A and KoW players as well, but not nearly as many as AoS.

Don't be shy, it's a very friendly community.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard, nice to see another UK based forum member, I have BB2 on Xbox one only played it once and now I'm on Skyrim.

Finding the book for a £5 is a win even if you never play the book is a great source of information for painting.

Bowser likes this.
  6. BeardyGecko
    Ripperdactil

BeardyGecko Well-Known Member

Ah Gorkamorka I miss that game something fierce. Welcome!

DeadlyRecluse, HarryCane and Bowser like this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! If you find some eight edition players there are some great tacticas and reverse tactica on here.

8. HarryCane
    Jungle Swarm

HarryCane Member

Funny, I've owned both Oblivion and Skyrim for years yet I've never touched them. I should probably change that.

I actually run Gorkamorka games rather frequently, my casual Warhammer friends prefer the simpler rules and I adore the sillier days of 40K. It's also the only Warhammer kit I have completely painted... I'm lazy and not the best painter >.>
    [​IMG]

9. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

Your 40K stuff looks good and I would like to see your painted lizards. Painting forum is a good place to go for inspiration, tips, or constructive criticism. 8th ed Lizardmen, AoS Seraphon, KoW Salamanders, 9th Age Saurian Ancients. Whatever form your lizards take we have resources to help you.

We are a Lizardmen forum first and foremast but we aren't reptile prudes. If you want to release non-reptile based painting blogs, tactical discussions, or battle reports, that is allowed and some people will read your posts and give you constructive criticism. So feel free to post any 40K stuff as well.

My favorite haunt here on L-O is the fluff forum. Again, it's primarily about lizards but we accept all gaming fluff.

Warden and BeardyGecko like this.