1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chosen of Sotek, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Chosen of Sotek
    Skink

Chosen of Sotek New Member

Hey guys, how is it going?

I live in the United States and I am currently in high school. I have been playing Warhammer 40k for 3 years and I have finally decided to start a Warhammer Fantasy army. While browsing through my local store the other day, I came upon the new Lizarmen codex and I instantly knew this was the army I wanted to play. After searching for a while, I came upon this website and hopefully you guys will help me start an army and give me tips along the way. :D

Since, the new models are coming out, I have decided not to purchase anything. I wanted to know what I should buy when the time comes. Of course I will buy the codex, but I really know nothing about the Lizardmen and their tactics, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I also noticed that some people are ranked skink and some are ranked saurus. What is this ranking system and how do you move up in it?

Thanks,

Chosen of Sotek

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I'll answer the easy one first, your rank goes up the more you post, Kroxigor, Saurus, Skink are all ranks.

As for what you should buy, can't 100% answer till I have the book, but I think they'll be mostly the same in the new book, so I'll suggest te same old. I would suggest a couple of boxes of skinks, kroxigor 4-8, Salamanders, and some skink priests and a saurus oldblood (saurus scar-vet). That will give you a nice solid starting army, imo.

I'm waiting to buy stuff till the new stuff comes out also. :)

3. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

You could always get the stuff that isn't changing, like Salamanders, Sarus & Skinks, Slaan, Cavalry, etc.

4. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

I wouldn't suggest buying Kroxigors until the new ones come out. Anyways, welcome, it's nice to see another member of the country here. What state? I'm from the Great State of Texas

5. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Welcome :)

6. callmeHK
    Saurus

callmeHK New Member

A lizardmen battalion box wil always do fine for a small starting force. The new one contains, the book, temple guard, saurus warriors, saurus cavalry, and skinks. Alot of core bashers, from where you can start expanding your army more widly. Look around at your local GW and check out what gets played alot, and try new units for yourself.

At any rate, welcome!

7. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

You get the skink rank after 10 posts, but it will only show if you have an avatar. This was initially an accident but I kept it to encourage people to use avatars on the forum :)

Welcome to the site dude

Stonehambey

8. Chosen of Sotek
    Skink

Chosen of Sotek New Member

They are not changing? Why not?

I too am from the Great State of Texas. What part of Texas are you from? I am in Houston.

Yeah I am planning on getting one of those, any idea when they come out. Feburary 7th right?

Then I must get an avatar! :D

Thanks, this site seems very friendly and hopefully will be fun.

Chosen of Sotek

9. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

The models, as far as we know (and I'm pretty sure if there were new models we'd have seen them by now) are staying exactly the same. The folks at GW must have decided they were still good. I'll say I'm not the biggest fan of the Salamander models, and wouldn't have been sad to see a new plastic model, but I'm not complaining. The current one is better than the previous one, that's for sho'.

10. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Ha! I'm up by Dallas, I hope one day we may do battle! lol, but maybe not. I just got back from a game today and had my ass almost handed to me by HE's but I still lost.