1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Help 1000p against mortal nurgle

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Palleponken, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Palleponken
    Jungle Swarm

Palleponken New Member

I need some help and inspiration for a 1000p army. Preferably skinkheavy. My main opponent runs a mortal Nurgle army consisting of:

1x Harbinger of decay
    1x Festus the leechlord
    1x Gutrot spume

5x Blight kings
    5x Blight kings
    10x Chaos marauders

1x Chaos warshrine

There is alot of healing and ward saves going on in his army! He moves his army in two blocks to keep the synergies going and loves to plant each block on the objectives.

As of yet I have not won a single game against this army. But I will not back down!

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Shadowstrike starhost and take out his heros asap

Skink Chief
    Rippers
    Chameleon skinks x5
    Skinks x20
    Skinks x10
    Basilidon

you could drop the basilidon and add a priest and another 20 skinks but the fire power of the basilidon could do a lot of damage if you kill the heros.

3. Palleponken
    Jungle Swarm

Palleponken New Member

I have tried a similar list so I feel that I'm not totally lost in my list building at least. After engaging his first block I am to weak to fight the second block. And if I don't kill his heroes in one go they heal up again. But then as the newbie I am it might just be a question of poor target priority on my part.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. SkinkAvenger
    Jungle Swarm

SkinkAvenger New Member

Tough fight i'd say, but not imposible!

Skink Chief
    40 man skinks
    10 man skinks
    5 man camo skinks
    5 man camo skinks
    Bastilodon with solar engine

Equip the skinks with javelins and protect them behind the bastilodon as you march forward. The stegadon is also an option for the rerolls but the basti just gives more firepower. The camo skinks, use them as either bait or snipers. Been using this list for a while now against khorne daemons and working wonders

Crowsfoot likes this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

But your fighting "Daemons" so you have extra fire power Nurgle mortals don't have the Daemon key word so a much tougher fight.

But skinks can do the job won't be easy.

6. Palleponken
    Jungle Swarm

Palleponken New Member

So I was thinking a little. The bastiladon is the only one that preformed well in my previous games. So why not go with two then. I'll loose a bit of board presence but I will hopefully survive more than 3 rounds.

No battalion

Skink Priest w/ trappings (Phoenix Stone)
    Skink Chief (General)

20x Skinks
    10x skinks

1x Bastiladon
    1x Bastiladon

Keep the bastiladons within range of the priests buff and move forward shooting one hero after the other. The Skinks go for objectives and support the bastiladons when the enemy closes in.

I don't want to take the double bastiladon. But I really want to win now... Hehe

7. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

If you wanted to use a shadowstrike for sniping you could field:

Shadowstrike (120)

Ripper (140)
    Skink Starpriest (100)
    Chameleon Skink (120)
    Skinks (80)

Skink Chief (60)
    Skinks (80)
    Bastiladon (300)

1000/1000

Your priest can buff your chameleons / skinks (rerolls) and rippers (if needed) using the "Trap is Sprung" or whatever it's called.

Your chief can help buff your Basti (+1 hit) with his command ability making him the heavy hitter at 3+. 3+. -1. 3dmg. Pretty darn strong.

SkinkAvenger likes this.
  8. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

Against models that regenerate and heal, the main thing is to just focus fire on something until its down, or remove the source of said abilities if they originate from a character or some sort.

SkinkAvenger likes this.
  9. Jbird460
    Saurus

Jbird460 Member

So a general thing about nurgle they move slow. With your double Bastiladon list you have lots of shooting and can just kite them. So move back to max range shoot and make sure your skins are between the Bastiladon and the enemy. Then if they charge in just wary fighter away. Take out the harbinger first because it makes them tougher to kill then the maurders.