1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Help rounding out 2000pt List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by DarkMatter, May 16, 2017.

1. DarkMatter
    Skink

DarkMatter New Member

I have a 2000pt local event coming up in a couple weeks and wanted to give Skinks and the Shadowstrike Starhost a try since I have been playing with mostly Saurus since I started. I am going to run with the following:

Leaders:
    Skink Chief (60) - General - Command Trait : Tenacious - Golden Sickle & Blowpipe - Artefact : Obstinate Blade
    Skink Starpriest (100)
    Skink Priest (100) - Priestly Trappings
    Units:
    10 x Saurus Guard (200)
    10 x Skinks (80) -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (80) -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
    3 x Kroxigor (180) - 1 x Moonhammers
    Behemoths:
    Stegadon (260)
    Bastiladon (300)
    Battalions: Shadowstrike Starhost (120)
    Total: 1740/2000

Where I'm stuck is making the choice on the last 260pts. My first thought was the Scar-Vet on Carnosaur. But while I love the model the big guy just never seems to pull his weight in combat. My other option is an Eternity Warden and 2 Salamanders. Just picked up the Warden so I have no experience with him. Whichever I pick will be helping the Guard hold back whatever comes charging in.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Bowser likes this.
  2. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Hello there,

First of all I agree with you, the ScarVet won't really synergize with this list.
    You should add chameleon skinks in my opinion, 1 unit - if not 2 - as a part of Shadowstrike ! Also, Saurus Guard will not really benefit your list much. It's a high tax that won't give you the strength you'd hope as they don't synergize with the rest and is just some 1 wounded elite unit. So if you'd exlude it and put in the 2x5 chamo you'd be sitting at 1760.
    From there I would probably go for one unit of 30 skinks * part of the shadowstrike for the 2d6 + d6 movement from the steggy * to be able to threaten something in the first turn you get to move.
    Another choice would be 1x10 skinks for screen / objectives and use the last 160 for a starseer to have a wizard in list / starpriest for that precious -1 to hit / dispel and 1 razordon just to have some extra shooting !

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I would say 1 unit of chameleons and 3 more rippers if you have them, if not I might go 2 units of chameleons. If neither of those, then a starpriest, two salamanders and some handlers.

4. DarkMatter
    Skink

DarkMatter New Member

Thanks for the suggestions, all sounds good problem is I don't have any of the above suggested units. Only have 20 skinks, the single unit of Chameleons, Rippers and 1 Starpriest. I have so much still to paint in my collection, I'm not really looking to add more right now. So what I have access to besides the above list:
    Scar Vet on Carnosaur
    Scar Vet on Coldone
    Sunblood
    Eternity Warden
    2x Skink Priests
    Skink Chief
    15 Guard (Units of 10 & 5)
    15 Knights
    50 Warriors(30xSpears, 20xClubs)
    5 Salamanders
    3 Skink Handlers
    Troglodon

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur isn't bad for this list, draws fire while the skinks do the work.
    Or 2 sallies, handlers, And a scar-vet on cold one.

Seraphage likes this.
  6. Seraphage
    Stegadon

ScarVet on cold one, sallies and handlers sound like a plan.
    You could also go for a Troglodon over guards for afull skink / dino list * something I definitely want to try soon :cool: *

Bowser likes this.
  7. Jbird460
    Saurus

Jbird460 Member

Something like this?

Allegiance: Order
    Skink Chief (60)
    - Golden Sickle
    Skink Starpriest (100)
    10 x Skinks (80)

10 x Skinks (80)
    -
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)

3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
    3 x Kroxigor (180)
    Bastiladon (300)
    Stegadon (260)
    Troglodon (200)
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)
    Shadowstrike Starhost (120)

Total: 2000/2000

And maybe play around with the battle line some could do guards instead of knights If you really want your priest you can drop the extra Chameleons.

Bowser likes this.
  8. Seraphage
    Stegadon

I'd exclude Knights for something skinkish as I think 1 or 2 units of saurus don't fit in this list but other than that, seems like a really nice one !

Bowser likes this.
  9. Jbird460
    Saurus

Jbird460 Member

It looked like you only had 20 skinks from your post and you need 3 battlelines for 2k. Knights would be able to keep up with everything and have more wounds thats why i added them in. But if you have another 10 skinks i would run them.

Bowser and Seraphage like this.