1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Help with first list decisions

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by NMvapa, Apr 5, 2018.

1. NMvapa
    Skink

NMvapa Member

Hey everyone!
    So I recently decided to start playing AOS and chose Seraphon as my first army. I have some experience with the hobby, as I play 40k. Anyway, I ordered 2 Start collecting boxes and got 30 skins from a friend, all for a great price. I looked on the forums here and saw you can use the spare parts to make a Coldblood, an Astrolith Bearer and, with some green stuff, a Trogolodon. My question is if I should build 1 Carnosaur and 1 Trogolodon, or should I build 2 Carnosaurs and make the other 2 Trogolodons with some conversion help. The tradeoff in the latter is, that the Trogolodons would not be the normal, original models. I would also appreciate some tips on what I should look into buying next. I will leave all my troops down, so that you don't need to check the starters if you don't know what's in them.

24 Saurus warriors
    16 Saurus knights
    2 Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur
    2 Possible Trogolodon conversions
    30 Skinks

2. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Make 1 carno and one trog. Use the extra old blood on foot to make a sunblood

NMvapa likes this.
  3. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome!

First of all, buying 2 Start collecting! boxes is a really great way to start your army. Those 30 skinks will also help immensely. Trust me you never have enough Skinks! :p

I would probably build 1 Carno and 1 Trog, as the Carno you can easily proxy between the Oldblood on Carno and Scar-Vet on carno and the Troglodon is a really beautiful model that deserves to be whole!

You can then start your convertions, using the extra Scar-Vet to make an Oldblood on foot and the extra Skink Oracle to make a Skink Priest.
    You can also make one of your Knights a Scar-Vet on Cold one. Look at the top of the painting section on this forum, theres a great tutorial post about how to make all of these!

As for what's next, really depends on what you like

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Lord-Marcus and NMvapa like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!
    As the guys above already said: Loads of options there you should check out. :)