1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Help with my 1420pts army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Konstantine, May 12, 2017.

1. Konstantine
    Jungle Swarm

Konstantine New Member

I have a
    1 Scar vet on carno
    1 unit 10x saurus knights
    1 unit 5x saurus knights
    1 unit 30x saurus warrios
    1 bastiladon with solar
    1 skink starpriest
    1 skink starpriest

Any good formation i can do with these units? The problem is that they always target my carnosaur first and i dont know why but he falls pretty easy. If i fail in charges i loose. If i fail in round rolls i loose. So how can i charge safe? And which unit must go first in battle?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

I'd suggest 2 things : use starlight on him so EVERYTHING that targets him gets -1 to hit. Use the 2nd starpriest to mystic shield him for a 3+ and mostly : if you can grab a sunblood do it, take advantage of them focusing the carno and crush them with a warrior 30man horde with rerollable failed hits from sunblood command ability - if you have 50 warriors, play the Sunclaw batallion in groups of 10, 10 *clubs* and 30 *spears* !

3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Split the knights up into 3 units of 5 and take the firelance starhost. There's not much for your carno to hide behind, so mive everything up. There isn't much you can do for shooting, so use your starpriests to give him a mystic shield and summon starlight. This will give them -1 to hit the carno, and add yo the save roll. Your knights should be alternating charges to make the most of the batallion. With your bastiladon shooting into combat, and your warriors going for objectives.

InfamousBeany likes this.
  4. Konstantine
    Jungle Swarm

Konstantine New Member

Spliting the knight into 3 unitd is not a good idea. I ve thought of it but IF the leader die the small units will be more useless than the big one.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Not really, unlike warriors or skinks you gain no benefit from having a larger unit, and the only effect of losing the Scar-Vet is that they no longer get the charge buff. Split into two, if you fail a charge with one, you could still make it with the other. Keeping them in close proximity so that they act like one unit would be more beneficial than having them as one large unit. The firelance makes it so that any 6 you roll on the charge deals 2 mortal wounds. With or without the scar-vet. Which is why charging with one, running away and charging with the next works so well.

InfamousBeany likes this.
  6. Konstantine
    Jungle Swarm

Konstantine New Member

With my scar vet as a leader a unit close to him wounding on 6 they get an extra attack

Bowser likes this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Fair enough, but that's the command ability, and doesn't change the effect of the starhost ability. Plus while alive that extra 3 inches on the knights charge will make a huge difference in those first few turns.

8. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

From my personal experience, I wouldn't count on those 6s ! The attacks are few, you won't get as much * to be honest I avoid using ScarVet as a Leader because it really doesn't make a difference unless you have hordes *

Bowser likes this.
  9. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

I would argue that having 2 small units of knights is just better than one large one. You get 2 unit champions, you basically ignore battleshock, you can cycle your charges- and in this case it allows you to use the Firelance starhost. It looks a fine list,fairly balanced but unfocussed. You could argue that two starpriests is a bit of a waste, and could swap one out for a standard priest or a scar vet on cold one, but that's more personal preference.

Bowser likes this.
  10. Konstantine
    Jungle Swarm

Konstantine New Member

How many scar veterans can i have? I thought only one.

Bowser likes this.
  11. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You can have as many scar-vet as you have points for. They are not unique characters.