1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Connosaurus, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Connosaurus
    Saurus

Connosaurus New Member

I've recently joined an esclation league and every single game i've played i have been totally SQUISHED, I think it's because i'm a newer fantasy player, and don't know much about Lizardmen pro's and cons, Can anyone list pro's and con's if they know any or do's and dont's.

2. chefsdad
    Saurus

chefsdad New Member

There are a number of threads stickied to this forum which might help you. I would be useful to know what youre up against and what youre using.

Lizardmen are generally a dificult army to use i think. Not particulalry forgiving.

3. Sunchax
    Saurus

Sunchax Member

Tell me your list and we might help you.

At low poits: our hero and lord cowboys are awesome ;)

4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

At low points I prefer a L2 Skink Priest with the Ruby Ring of Ruin, but Cowboys are good too.

5. Connosaurus
    Saurus

Connosaurus New Member

My list is:

20 saraus with spears
    10 skniks with hand weapons and blowpipes
    1 lvl 2 sknik priest
    1 slann-mage priest
    8 cowboys
    10 temple guard
    1 carnasaur with oldblood rider

6. Sunchax
    Saurus

Sunchax Member

Okey, what point limit is it at?
    How is your experience with the cornosaur, have it been working out?

I get the feeling that a slaan is very expensive at low point games, especially when one have temple guards to protect him. Have you had the feeling that it have paid of in your meta?

8 cowboys, do you mean cold one riders? I think that the general feeling on the forum is that they are not all that awesome if one compare to other things one could get for the points. There is still many competitive lists with them, but then they are often joined by hero's and lords on cold ones. (our flighty saurus lords and hero's are truly a force to be reckon with.

It is always handy to have a salamander in the list, they are good vs most army's. (not against all)

7. Dog On Todd
    Kroxigor

Dog On Todd Member

Problems with your list:

Slaan OR oldblood on carnosaur. This doesn't look like high enough points to run both effectively.

Needs more skinks and more Saurus AND more templeguard. 10 is not a unit unless you are playing >=1k.

Axe the oldblood on carnosaur, downgrade to scarvet on cold one if you really want, beef up the saurus and tg. add another 10 skinks.

Look at getting terradons/rippers/chameleons.

the key is to try and balance elements of an army (combat/support/niche). This list looks like it is very character top-heavy with 0 support and minimal combat staying power.

Best of luck!

8. Connosaurus
    Saurus

Connosaurus New Member

Points is 1250, my opponeta keep killg it with chariots or bolt throwers. and yes cold one riders, what about ripper's?

9. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

if you dont have some nice LOS blocking terrain on the field, carnos are risky.

i'd use more cohorts/skirmishers. best units in the book.

couple saurus lords on cold ones with 1+ saves/great weapon will do work.

10. Connosaurus
    Saurus

Connosaurus New Member

What about a scar vet on carnasuar, or to beef up the suruas put an oldblood on foot in there.

11. Sunchax
    Saurus

Sunchax Member

I would also rather go with oldbloods and scar-vets on cold ones. Cornosaur is quite hard to keep alive with toughness 5 and it cost pretty much. I would dropp slan, tg and cold one riders also. Get some chamo skinks. A salamander, maybe a steg.

But on the other hand your list looks like a quite fun list to play and if you want to keep it just try out different stuff, maybe drop the cold ones for a turn and try chamo skinks. Try to keep slaan in skink skirmish unit to free up points for salamander and stuff like that. See what works/is fun to play.

12. Lawot
    Kroxigor

Lawot Active Member

Go to the Tactica Index, and read as much as you can. It will help you.

I basically never have less than 3 units of 10 Skink Skirmishers, though in a 1250 game I might only bring 2.

13. Connosaurus
    Saurus

Connosaurus New Member

Well i have a new list:

scar vet on carnasuar
    scar vet
    slann
    20teample gaurd
    40 saurus with spears
    16 cold one calavry; they've one me some games
    20 skniks withblowpipes