1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by meatpop_13, Jul 6, 2016.

1. meatpop_13
    Skink

meatpop_13 New Member

Hi everyone!

I'm a once upon a time player from back in 5th edition. I used to collect, paint (poorly), and sometimes even battled with lizardmen - falling away from the hobby some time mid 6th ed.

I recently got curious about what's been happening with warhammer / what cool new lizardmen models have come out since then and decided to take a quick peek. Turns out that "quick peek" has turned into a serious tumble down the rabbit hole. I've been reading up on 8th/9th/AoS, started re-reading my old 5th ed army book, and churning through old post on this forum (damn some of you guys are talented!). It's probably safe to say I'm hooked again.

I've started going through and taking an inventory of my old collection and taking stock of which new mini's I'm most eager to get a hold of. This time round I think I really want to focus on learning to model, convert, and paint properly and turn out mini's that I'm proud of instead of just rushing stuff out to get to tabletop.

Anyways, looking forwards to being part of the community. See you guys out there!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see what you have in store for painting and converting! Any in game help you need feel free to ask, and we're always good with the paint and conversion tips and tricks!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard,

Nothing wrong with churning out rank and file models, a quick paint job is better than no paint job and churning out the rank and file is great practice for the models you want to take time on and develop your skills.

We are very lucky on here there are some very talented painters and you will learn a lot from them, if you want advice or just a chat head over to the painting section and get a blog started.

I will see you in there no doubt.

http://www.lustria-online.com/forums/painting-and-converting.16/

Warden, Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  4. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the jungle! Looking forward to seeing your models!

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Good news, Most of your old models are still valid.
    (sorry short bow skinks)

Bowser likes this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Count the short bows as bolt spitters, it just uses a different way to spit the bolts. Give them a shield and they're useful again.

NIGHTBRINGER and n810 like this.
  7. meatpop_13
    Skink

meatpop_13 New Member

The only thing that seems outright invalid are the dozen skink cold one riders I had =(

8. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Welcome to the community :)

Crowsfoot likes this.
  9. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I'd just use those as Saurus on cold ones.
    (I have a few as well)

10. spess
    Cold One

spess Well-Known Member

That's the hardest thing about this hobby -- it's so easy to get hooked back into it!

Welcome to the forums.

11. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

I took started Warhammer a long time ago, took a long hiatus and then came back. Whatever your needs are, we got you covered.

Painting and converting. We got you covered. Tips and techniques, honest but polite critiques and models to inspire you. We got it.

Gameplay. We cover tactics, list building and battle reports for 8th Edition Warhammer, 9th Age Warhammer, Age of Sigmar Warhammer, and Kings of War.

We have fiction, aka fluff pieces. It's mostly 8th Edition/Age of Sigmar but we welcome all fluff. It doesn't have to be reptilian, it doesn't even need to be gaming.

And We got forums to talk about memes, Star Wars, and whatnot.