1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. High Magic Analysis

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Shadoer, Aug 4, 2013.

1. KingCheops
    Temple Guard

KingCheops Active Member

Still not so sure about all this at least not in a pre-Khaine environment. You can reliably count on 7 dice and 1 channel versus 6 dispel. For Tempest and Fiery Convocation you are needing to spend minimum 2 and 5 dice (and really should be 3 and 6) respectively. That's your whole round! What if I need/want some of the other spells for stuff? In particular WbW is most useful turn 1 and 2 and that is a 2 dice to be reliable. Not to mention the soul quench to win the skirmisher dominance that skinks need.

My meta also takes fiery stuff enough to make Earthblood less useful. Makes a single dip into Life not very attractive. If you're mostly interested in dipping in for the lore attribute I'm confused why you wouldn't just take WD? Less risk and less spam casting. But that's not what this thread is about really.

Scalenex likes this.