1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS How do you deal with Nagash/Endless spell spam

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Jason839, Aug 7, 2019.

1. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

spatial orientation and organization.... made me a Damn good Black hawk crew chief lol. helps in this game too with movement estimates in my head so as to avoid the premeasure and give clues to my targets.

Aginor and LizardWizard like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Only premeasure when you want to mislead your opponents :D

3. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Actually here is a question; how do I deal with a legion of sacrament spell spam? I went toe to toe with Arkhan and his spell game is terrifying

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

use MW spell lore to nuke him, cast from the slann but use the vassall ability to keep the unbinding out of range

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  5. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan! Thanks for the response that actually does make a lot of sense as I had no idea how to take on arkhan

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I play Shadowstrike with Razordons and EotGs. So normally I kill his screens and charge with my Ripperdactyls to deal with Arkahn. Alternatively, they turtle up for a round or two trying to out wait my Rippers and I get the objective lead. Dealing with LoN is all about timing. Don't over play your hand. Let the game play slowly and they will have less meaningful hero phases. Even robbing them of the frist two hero phase impacts is a huge gain. Death's movement is their biggest down fall. This won't work on all battleplans, but it will work on most of them.

Lizerd likes this.
  7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Possible, but not a simple task, given that Nagash ignores MW on 4+ and then can heal

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  8. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

I have noticed that most death infantry is pretty slow, atleast the big units are and in the matches I have played I do use mobility to great effect. I do have more razordons so that is a plus but I lack rippers :( which is annoying. I do have plenty of carnosaurs so that is another alternative

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Shadowstrike is good here, because 6 rippers can easily eat Arkhan. You have chances even whithout blot toad, if you add some razordon shooting. This severely hinders Arkhan movement. Forcing LoN player to spend CP is very important too - he needs it both for increasing range of spells, passing battleshock and returning units. You also may try to zone out dangerous endless spells with skinks.

You cannot use Arcane Vassal to stay out of unbind range, because you measure all distances from Vassal, including unbinding distance. Unforunately, our only way to stay out of unbind range is using Astrolith+Vortex combo. With Astrolith only we still can cast meteoric convocation, while staying out of dispel range.

EDIT: Yes, very important moment - Curse of Years is stopped, if target didn't suffer a mortal wound. So Ignax's Scales is the best artefact against legion of sacrament.

10. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

im confused, Arkhan or Nagash?

11. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

This is not true. Vassal rule states to measure range and visibility from the Skink hero or trog. unbinding rules state "

If a spell is cast, the opposing player can choose one of their Wizards that is within 30" of the CASTER to attempt to unbind the spell before its effects are applied."

The Vassal is not the caster.

Nart, Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  12. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Both, started as Nagash, then a question about Arkhan was proposed.

Lizerd, Killer Angel and ILKAIN like this.
  13. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

So rippers sound like the solution plus spell zoning is the solution. Thanks, this is going to be a huge help as the first time I went up against Arkhan I got annihilated by his spell game and bad luck

LizardWizard likes this.
  14. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Interesting. Never thought of such interpretation. I never noticed, that Unbind wording is tied to caster, not the spell, which is cast. Then we are not as screwed against Nagash, as I thought.

15. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

We still have to deal with their crazy high cast bonuses, but if we can out range them at least our spells can work a lot more safely

LizardWizard likes this.
  16. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I always found deny more annoying, especially after we've got our spells. We can pretty easily deplete grimghast/skeleton hordes with Stellar Tempest, but Nagash simply won't allow to cast it. Nuking VLoZD with Meteoric convocation+realm spells is probably the only reliable way to get rid of it.

17. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

There are carnosaurs which can get the job done against VLoZD, either a scar veteran with sword of judgment or an oldblood with doppelgänger cloak can deal with them.

As for the spell game: I really don’t have much else to suggest in dealing with huge bonuses on them

LizardWizard likes this.
  18. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Depends a lot on equipment and spells.
    Doppleganger is solid, but lately when i play my VLoZD i use doppleganger and the spell that gives +5 to move.
    With move 19 i dictate charges and i attack for first.
    That said, against such a foe an option is to try the charge with doppleganger and LoSaT.

19. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

I have never actually seen a doppelgänger cloak used on a zombie dragon but I can only imagine the terror of going head to head with it. That 19 inch move also is crazy, so is there any actual way to kill it?

LizardWizard likes this.
  20. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Doppelgangers cloak makes the VLoZD very vulnerable to shooting and rend though. You basically trade off durability everywhere for potential combat immunity for a turn.

Lizerd, Nart and Killer Angel like this.