1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am a Potato.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TaintedSpud, Apr 19, 2017.

1. TaintedSpud
    Skink

TaintedSpud Active Member

But does Star Wars have spuds?

TaintedSpud 1 - Star Wars 0

Bowser likes this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Perfect reply.

99.9% of true Star Wars fans will adamantly posit that Original Trilogy >>> Prequel Trilogy

Actually it does...

:)

Bowser and Captaniser like this.
  3. TaintedSpud
    Skink

Steve the Potato Asteroid doesn't count!

He know what he did.

Foo.

Bowser likes this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Defamation of a fellow potato's good name... careful, they'll remove you from the potato order for such an action. Steve the Potato Asteroid is the greatest of all potatoes... he made it into Star Wars. He is famous.

There are other Star Wars potatoes as well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

When you say 'true Star Wars fans' that is a matter of opinion, and I will not change mine, thank you very much. In my eyes prequels win any day and every day - they're more realistic, the effects are better and 3 was much darker than 5 because of the lurking threat of annihilation posed by the Separatists. I believe that I'm more of a Star Wars fanatic than anyone else I know. And perhaps its because that 99.9% of others are sheep, escapists or both. Take your pick.

[Appears suddenly and murders the red bloke in Captainiser's post with a blue lightsaber]

Anyway, let us not quarrel about meagre things like each other's opinions.

Hidden in the shadows is the Clone Trooper Potato, who hasn't appeared yet due to manufacturing problems on Kamino.

Bowser likes this.
  6. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

This is what a TRUE fan looks like!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

8. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

[​IMG]

Bowser likes this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

My statement does not infer that you are not a true fan. That's why I choose 99.9% as opposed to 100%. You clearly belong to the 0.1% subgroup. By "true" fans, I'm just trying to exclude casual fans of the series.

At the end of the day, the original trilogy is very much loved and embraced by society while the prequels are for the most part reviled.

It's hard to make the claim that the original trilogy fans are sheep, considering that our movies came first and prequels tried their best to follow in our footsteps.

As for special effects, Return of the Jedi premiered in 1983, while The Phantom Menace was released in 1999. Of course the special effects would have developed during that time. However, for their time, the original trilogy's special effects were far more revolutionary.

At the end of the day I'm not trying to change your opinion. Just understand that history stands on my side. In the end, we're both on the same team... team Star Wars! I still enjoy the prequels, just not to the same level of the originals.

Bowser likes this.
  10. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Hey, @TaintedSpud. Sorry about the nerd war that is currently happening in your introduction, things like that usually don't happen, but when it does @NIGHTBRINGER is usually at the forefront. Hope we won't scare you away. :)

Bowser likes this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Well to be honest...

:D
    :angelic:

Join in on the fun! Welcome to the dark side... we have cookies!

Bowser likes this.
  12. TaintedSpud
    Skink

But do you have potatoes?

Bowser likes this.
  13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

With an entire galaxy at our finger tips, I'm sure we can conjure something up!

Bowser likes this.
  14. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

PhoenixTheCat Well-Known Member

Yet you can never stop the cat rebellion.

Bowser likes this.
  15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I do see why the OT is loved by many people because they went to see them in the 70s and 80s - sorry about the sheep thing, I don;t mean that everyone who likes the OT is a sheep, I just implied that there are some people who are a bit sheepish and just say "Oh, yes the original trilogy's best" even if they haven't seen any of the films in ages. But then they are not really true Star Wars fans are they if they don't watch the films regularly?

I do like the OT - I love all Star Wars - I do apologise if I went a bit overboard - I do sometimes :). I'm just so passionate about the prequels, but then I saw them first so I would be ;).

I wasn't saying the effects were bad either - I can imagine that they were amazing in the 70s and the 80s. In fact the only 70s and 80s films I find that come close to Star Wars are Terminator, Alien and the Ray Harryhausen films.

Yes of course we're on the same team - and I wouldn't have it any other way! GO TEAM STAR WARS! May the Fourth be with you, Nightbringer and everyone else, because it's nearly time to say that.

@TaintedSpud We're just fooling around - Nightbringer and I are just both passionate Star Wars fans. Ignore us. In fact it was mostly my mistake and I'm sorry.

@Captaniser

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Actually my mother in law's cat is deathly afraid of my lightsaber replica... the sounds and light freak it completely out. Now imagine a real lightsaber.

I feel the exact same way as you, just flip the roles of the OT and the PT. In the end, it's all good stuff (except for Jar Jar and the Ewoks... and even they have healthy fan bases)
    I agree. It really is amazing to see what they were able to achieve using purely practical effects.

No apologies required. It was a good debate. Nothing you said was offensive even in the slightest. I've always enjoyed a passionate debate.

17. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

This is me, Baa! And proud :)

Bowser likes this.
  18. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Belated welcome to the forums starchy one!.

Besides discussions on Star Wars and Deadpool, we also have great resources for gameplay, painting and fluff.

Bowser likes this.