1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS I lost a match against chaos again, but it was very enlightening

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nielspeterdejong, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

I had a rematch again against the chaos army with a different build, this time with some skinks in front with 2 Bastiladons behind, and with a celestial hurricanum and luminark for fun. He tore through my defences and killed all my units around the Bastiladon, but it was very enlightening.

He said I could have easily defeated him, but I was too focused on taking down his hell canon. I didn't properly move back, and sadly split. He was right in that, though the reason I went after his hell canon was because I had my skink Starseer who gave the buff from the heavenwatch starhost, and I would have a disadvantage if he died.

I liked the idea of the luminark and celestial Hurricanum, but I will keep those for my Bloodclaw army idea I think. He's right though that I could have won with my heavenwatch army with skinks battlelines with two Bastiladon and luminark + Hurricanum. But I feel that I should try to go for an army with a stronger battleline.

And this time with chameleon skinks, which I will use to kill his 3 5+ defense dwarves on his hell canon! Plus I'd love to use them :) But with 3+ hit and 4+ wound, will 5 be enough for those 3 pesky dwarves? Or will I need 10? Based on that, I have three more balanced armies in mind, and wanted to hear what people though might be good combinations?

A) Balanced army Eternal

Unit of 5 chameleon skinks= 120

Eternal Starhost= 80
    Eternity Warden= 140 (rend item)
    15 guards (3 units)= 300

Heavenwatch= 100
    Starseer=160 (general/defense/heal)
    Bastiladon Lazer= 300
    Bastiladon Lazer=300
    Bastiladon Lazer= 300
    Skink priest= 100 (-1 op melee aanv)
    Skink priest= 100

This army has a higher chance your chameos won't be able to take out your prime target, but I'll have the eternal Starhost and the best battlelines

B) Balanced army Assassin

Unit of 10 chameleon skinks= 240

20 guards (3 units)= 400

Heavenwatch= 100
    Bastiladon Lazer= 300
    Bastiladon Lazer=300
    Bastiladon Lazer= 300
    Skink priest= 100 (-1 op melee hit)
    Skink priest= 100

You won't get the Eternal Starhost bonusses, nor those of the eternity warden, but you will have 20 3+ Save guards with rerolls (10 of those 2+ Save if the starseer casts mythic shield) with still 3 Bastiladons. And 20 attacks with your chameleon Skinks).

C) Balanced army Eternal Assassin

Unit of 10 chameleon skinks= 240

Eternal Starhost= 80
    Eternity Warden= 140 (rend item)
    15 guards (3 units)= 300

Heavenwatch= 100
    Stegadon= 260
    Stegadon= 260
    Stegadon= 260
    Skink priest= 100 (-1 op melee aanv)
    Skink priest= 100

This one has both the Eternal Starhost as well as the 10 Chameo skinks. But Stegadon instead of Bastiladon. Meaning far less tanky monsters and with a weaker ranged attack.

Which of these 3 sounds the safest/strongest route to take?

Also, why aren't chameleon skinks part of the Heavenwatch starhost? O.O

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Bowser likes this.
  2. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Since you double-posted:

You should edit the first post in the other thread and make that thread into a proper battle report. Use the first post for listing the winning OpForce and the Force you sent against them.

All we know at this point is they had a Hellcannon.

3. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Yeah I tried to delete the first one, but I couldn't find the option ^^; But I think your idea is a pretty sound one. I'll do that :)

4. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Alright, I just made the battle list in the other thread.