1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS I need a potent Saurus list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by PabloTho, Jul 14, 2018.

1. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

At this point my Saurus are the laughing stock of my playing circle. My game format is generally four players in two teams, 1.5k per player.

The list I've come up with for my next game is as follows:

Slann Starmaster: (General, Vast Intellect, Incandescent Rectrices)

Skink Starpriest

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur

Sunclaw Starhost:

Saurus Sunblood

10 x Warriors

10 x Warriors

40 x Warriors

This leaves me on 1390 points, which I'm uncertain whether I should spend on more bodies or some endless spells/additional CP.

I could also drop the Scar Veteran in favour of bringing another unit of Saurus up to 40, but with three other armies on the table it seems unlikely that there will be a lot of room for both hordes to engage efficiently. The Scar-Vets CA drastically increases the lethality of the big unit of Saurus but also banks my whole strategy on that one unit.

The skink buffs up the saurus with Serpent Staff and Starlight, and the Slann hangs back, pops of Curse of Fates for reliable LOSAT and sinks other spells into summoning which I use to spawn skinks for area denial/objective grabbing.

How is the list sounding? Too gimmicky to be successful? Any suggestions to be made?

2. Dedragon
    Skink

Dedragon New Member

You need the Skink Priest. Buff your Saurus Hordes, Teleport them at 9ยด and Re-Roll Charges and Saves. Sunblood and Scar Vet have nice buffs, maybe teleport 40 Warriors an one of them.

3. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit too fragile to focus fire with only a single horde. With vast intellect on the Slann for curse of fates, you can get a 4+ to move + charge after teleporting a unit of 40.

You could drop the sunclaw to run something like this:.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Slann Starmaster (260)- General- Trait: Vast Intellect - Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
    40 x Saurus Warriors (360)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
    Total: 1400 / 1500
    2 extra CP?

or this:
    Allegiance: Seraphon
    Slann Starmaster (260)- General- Trait: Vast Intellect - Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices, Aetherquartz Brooch, or something to boost the carnosaur
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
    Soulsnare Shackles (20) or Cogs instead of both for the +2 to charge for more reliable alpha strikes from the saurus with up to +4 to charge. Or maybe just fit an extra CP.

Total: 1500
    Wounds: 115

I played the second list recently in AoS 1 with 10 skinks instead of the endless spells, and found it to be pretty good. It's better now with command points letting you get bonus attacks on the saurus and with the change to teleporting (4+ to move after teleporting instead of 5+ with curse of fates).

The carnosaur + astrolith nets you a bit more out of your saurus than you get from the Sunclaw.

Geminids combined with summon starlightput the enemy at reduced attacks and -2 to hit the saurus unit that you send into combat, so the saurus should be pretty difficult to move.

It all sort of depends on what your partner is bringing though. You probably want something shooting oriented to go along with a Saurus list so you have space for your units. If your partner is magic heavy, you could drop the Slann and go with a Sunclaw + carnosaur + starpriest or foot oldblood, which would get you the most out of the Saurus, but it's probably not worth giving up the Slann otherwise.

PabloTho likes this.
  4. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

@Asamu

I really like the look of both lists. The question is whether the volume of attacks granted by a second horde is more of a boon than the rend granted by Sunclaw. I know one of my opponents will be playing Stormcast, and the new Sequitors are downright nasty when it comes to tanking damage. A 3+ rerollable save might just mean all those attacks bounce right off.

My teammate is playing Nurgle - some kind of Blightking batallion supported by a horde of plaguebearers to tarpit. So shooting is really not our strong point. Obviously I could instead go for a Bastiladon castle with skinks but I run lists like that all the time and wanted to give the Saurus another chance.