1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IDEAS 4 SCRATCH BUILT CHARMELEONS

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by gary shamona, Sep 12, 2009.

1. gary shamona
    Skink

gary shamona New Member

im new here and ive been wanting to start a LM army but im not a big fan of the charmeleon skinks does anyone have any ideas

2. rickie_82
    Saurus

rickie_82 New Member

I vill make mine outa odinary skinks. Just cut off a bit of the tail, greenstuff a new one. A small gs ball on the eyes with a small hole in it. Should be somewhat easy and a lot cheaper then the metal ones.

3. gary shamona
    Skink

gary shamona New Member

sweet that will help alot

4. gary shamona
    Skink

gary shamona New Member

once your finished could you post some pics here

5. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I've seen people do this before, with really good looking results. Really, all you have to do is chop off their sail and tail and add some funky eyes, maybe a gilly suit of some kind, and make their tails curly.

6. ColdBlood666
    Chameleon Skink

ColdBlood666 New Member

I just finished painting 9 of them like 10 minutes ago and they were a pain. Took me like 6 hours to do the unit. Tons of tiny details. I personally like the models though.

7. Itzi-Bitzi
    Skink

Itzi-Bitzi New Member

I've recently converted a unit of six. I made them from regualr skinks and just cut off the tail, and greenstuffed a new curly tail and added extra detail to their bases such as aquatic plants and on their heads have modelled small lizards from green stuff over their crests to match the two "Proper"metal chameleon skinks I had already. They look rather good and I am pleased with the end result I am currently painting them and I'll see if I can post on some pics once I'm done.
    It's relatively easy to do and i was surprised at the end result looking so effective.