1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Disney buying franchises just to kill them? Also, darkness and light

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Scalenex, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

So Netflix is not renewing Daredevil and Disney likely has a mousey hand in this.

I have not seen Daredevil season three yet but seasons one and two were masterpieces. I liked Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, but they are not on Daredevil's level. The Iron Fist is hard to stay awake for.

Lately everything Disney has done has made me unhappy (other than the re-launch of Duck Tales which was perfect). It makes me wonder. Is Disney trying to kill anything remotely adult?

I guess I will happily watch a high quality media product aimed at children The Lego Batman Movie, the new Ducktales, but I prefer movies and shows that are rated R but not as dark as most of what HBO does and I cannot stomach most modern horror movies which focus on gore and jump scares.

But it seems like there is less middle ground between Duck Tales and Saw.

Ralph Breaks the Internet got reemed by critics and fans, so I didn't watch it. I heard it was like a big commercial for Disney products and a bunch of 3rd party websites that paid money. Wreck-It-Ralph is hardly a masterpiece but the original was good.

But between that, the Daredevil show, Star Wars, Marvel's flagging comic sales, I wonder is Disney is trying to almost literally milk franchises to death...

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.