1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Is It Just Me...

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by scubrat, Sep 17, 2017.

1. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

Or are the Seraphon too strong now and thus a bit boring to play with? I haven't lost a game since the new rules came out and I've won most games too easily. I find the teleport ability just incredibly strong in objective game types, it forces my opponents to spread out their army making it really easy to pick off bits and bobs. The other day I played Kharadron Overlords (with my friends amazingly painted sea themed army, check out ridge_sculpting_studios on instagram, it's possibly the best painting I've seen in my life) I lost one stegadon and a salamander whilst I decimated a large portion of his army.

So has anyone else found this to be the case? Have you lost any games and to who if you did? Played any enemy lists you used to lose to frequently but now seem to handle easily?

2. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

I have yet to play a match, but I look forward to crushing a certain Sylvaneth player who kept gloating at me after winning, while calling my army "a bit too powerful" even though he easily kept destroying me. It will be glorious! >:3

Ecozh, Paul Beenis, scubrat and 2 others like this.
  3. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

No.
    If you are winning too handily and it is thus boring for you... ...modify your own Army, see if you can win with one less Salamander, tinker with unit sizes, leave out one Stegadon, etc.

scubrat likes this.
  4. Mortheim
    Skink

Mortheim Member

Well, yes. We now have GREAT mobility. Maybe even too great. But, lets be honest, if it is too good it will be nerfed, so have some fun.

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

We have gained a great mobility, and the teleport ability is just pure gold...
    but must be said that the game is evolving toward enhanced mobility.
    leaving aside armies that are able to charge you across the battlefield in the first turn, let's focus on the units that can pop out of the blue.

Dwarfs and Fyreslayers can field one hero + one unit able to dig through the battlefield.
    SCE are SCE.
    Nighthaunts can be set ouside the battlefield and can enter at 9" from the enemy.
    Brayherd can ambush, Wanderers can exit and enter from the battlefied sides, and so on.

Almost every army can do such kind of tricks, we just have less limitations, which hopefully is balanced by the lack of other abilities.

scubrat and tom ndege like this.
  6. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

I don't know, we have certainly been heavily buffed... yeah, maybe a little too much!
    Not because our new abilities are overpowered (I guess...), but because it's maybe too easy and forgiving to use the double teleport ability and, main problem in my opinion, it could be seen as a reeeeeeally frustrating and tedious for some people.

What makes this ability weird is the fact it grants us a REALLY BIG advantage... for free! There's no risk, no malus, no sacrifice needed to activate it, so it indeed may sound a bit cheesy.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    scubrat likes this.
  7. Drofnum
    Cold One

Drofnum Well-Known Member

If he was playing Overlords vs Seraphon and didnt have a gryph hound or two in his army he's just building his list poorly. 40-80 points would basically negate the teleporting unit, especially if he has a decent block of buffed Company with skyhooks nearby, that could potentially outright kill 90% of our monsters.

I play both and so far have still found my Kharadron to be more effective, but that could be that i'm rusty with Seraphon.

scubrat and Crowsfoot like this.
  8. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Well, I 've rolled those 1's on the teleport more than you'd guess, so to me it seems really awesome but not broken :p

9. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Oh dear god.. this is one of the most amazing things I 've seen so far. Congratulate your friend for me lol. SO AWESOME ! I am STUNNED. He should join Armies on Parade. I can see a medal here. ( by the way, any clues on how did he make the sea storm so effective ? )

10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

It is a mighty fine army, I love the weathering on the boat.

11. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

He just gained a new follower ;)

scubrat and Aginor like this.
  12. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Ok first things first: Those models are STUNNING! Really good work by him.

As for your question: I think people haven't adapted yet, that's all. We went from being a low mid tier army to being a near top tier army. We are strong now, but we are not overpowered I think. We are not Kharadron and we are not SCE.

But playing against us now means keeping our mobility in mind. People need to protect their assets just like they protect against other armies that can deepstrike.

scubrat, Captaniser and Crowsfoot like this.
  13. Aginor
    Slann

Oh btw could you please ask your friend if he can send you some closeup pictures of his water bases to post here?
    I'd like to put them into my base design thread but I don't want to jsut copy them from instagram.

Crowsfoot and Seraphage like this.
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Wonderful. Just wonderful.:eek:
    Probably I would have lost just to let those beautiful models on the battlefield. :p

15. pendrake
    Skink Priest

16. Aginor
    Slann

Huh. I see it without any login.

17. pendrake
    Skink Priest

I tried a different browser and it worked.
    #wonkyInstagram

Captaniser likes this.
  18. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Now that I have managed to see it...

Amazing water.
    Beautiful painting and theme. I thought it was a little bit Captain Nemo / 20K Leagues.

Two questions: What is the model on the giant turtle with all the planets supposed to be?

What are all the small round bases with rocks and tentacles for?

Captaniser likes this.
  19. Aginor
    Slann

Pretty sure that's a Celestial Hurricanum that he converted to fit his style. At least the parts are from a C.H. as far as I can tell. Might be mistaken though.

Captaniser, scubrat and Seraphage like this.
  20. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

He's a magician, green stuff basically, he's very good at sculpting with it, it's beyond mad.

And @Aginor, you're right, it's the CH :)

Interesting points all round though, guess it's still all new and some people might figure out some ways to combat our new abilities, didn't even think of the gryph hound strategy @Drofnum!

Captaniser likes this.