1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Janf's Painting Blog

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Janf, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

Thank you @n810! I do love the classic theme :D

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Very nice work! Great looking units. Superb!!! :):)

Janf likes this.
  3. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

Thank you @NIGHTBRINGER! I really appreciate your comment and that you checked out my painting blog :)

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  4. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

COLD ONE PROJECT

After finishing up my Warriors I thought myself up for another challenge. I had 6 unpainted Cold One Riders collecting dust on the shelves (and 4 painted) and I think that now is the time to paint them. I never really fell in love with the current models and I think that was part of the reason I never got them all painted. I fell in love with the Cold Ones of the Dark Elves army though. I think they have a much more velocirapter feel to them. I've seen some great conversions of them aswell with Saurus Riders. Unfortunately I've never tried using greenstuff before and I really doubt I would be good at it. So I decided to give my own Cold Ones a chance to prove themselves. Afterall it's still lizards riding dinosaurs – so really what's not to like?

I don't exactly have a plan concerning painting these guys. I've giving them different tones of green to create some variety (something I've otherwise never done) and I'm excited to paint them further!
    DSC_0224.JPG
    DSC_0226.JPG

n810, Warden, Jorgik and 3 others like this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I like the idea of having different coloured cold ones, always nice to have variety!

Janf likes this.
  6. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Looking good I have been lazy and putting off completing my cold ones...I'll get to them....someday

Janf likes this.
  7. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Just saw this thread and I must saw really nice painting!! I love your brownish shields! And also the variety on the cold ones!

Janf and SlanntaClause like this.
  8. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot @Jorgik! I'm very happy that you like it :) I'm making progress on the cold ones and will most likely have all 6 painted early next week. It is very motivating that you guys comment on my thread. It makes it exciting to do these projects so thanks to you all for showing interest! :)

9. Toltecatl
    Razordon

Toltecatl Well-Known Member

@Janf Yeah definitely. Sharing makes all the difference. Like you, i took a years-long break from the hobby a while ago and what makes it feel good now is actually this forum, and the fact that I've been working with a friend at my house for entire afternoons. It changes everything and makes it so much better.
    Anyway, your comeback is a pretty impressive one. You're engaging with advanced painting very nicely :D keep going!

Janf likes this.
  10. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words @Toltecatl! It's nice to hear that you too have returned from the hobby and enjoy it!

Toltecatl likes this.
  11. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

I'm making good progress on my cold ones. 4 out of 6 are finished. I will upload pictures of them tomorrow :)
    In the meantime here is a little weekend reveal as I promised. These are my 4 skink heroes. They are all (re)painted a long time ago but with great effort ;) Tehenhauin (if anybody knows how to pronounce this please share it :D) was one of my favourite characters back then. Such a cool mini and his whole lore about the red crested skinks and the rise of Sotek is just brilliant :D
    DSC_0389.JPG
    DSC_0391.JPG
    DSC_0396.JPG
    DSC_0393.JPG
    DSC_0394.JPG

12. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Tehe - Scholarly/knowledgeable
    Hau - Hunt/Mist
    in - (Don't know this but perhaps it means he's game for a hunt :p or he's a dragons den investor)

It kind of suggests his name is knowledgeable as he knows about the prophecy of sotek which is lost to most Slann - they said contradictingly in one book that only the city of Chaqua knew about it and then also in the same book said that Zlatlan has a full set of the old ones prophecies and plaques. So it seems to me they knew about it too half a world away from lustria.

In any event - I say it like Teehee How een (That's just me)

Bowser and Janf like this.
  13. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

SlanntaClause likes this.
  14. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

That's okay I really like your painting a lot you know about the golden serpent competition right?

15. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! I actually didn't see it until yesterday. I'm thinking about trying to make an entry but I'm clueless on what model I should paint for it. Also my winning chances would be very slim as there are some really competent painters on this forum, but I would love to join just for the fun of it :)

16. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

count yourself among them :) there are good chances to win even with the random draw :)

Janf likes this.
  17. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm pretty sure now that I will enter the competition... when I think of something to do for it! Thanks for the push and the kind words! :) do you plan on entering yourself @SlanntaClause?

18. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

I'm working on a conversion entry but unsure if ill be able to do the painting ones yet :)

Janf likes this.
  19. Janf
    Chameleon Skink

Janf Well-Known Member

Cool! I wish you the best of luck on your project then :)

20. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

Thanks :) I can't say more on it due to anonymity :) but it's going well so far good luck with yours too hope you find inspiration for an idea soon

Janf likes this.