1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Jeremiah Brewski's Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Jeremiah_Brewski, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Jeremiah_Brewski
    Skink

Jeremiah_Brewski New Member

Hi, new poster. I have been involved in the game off and on for 12 years. I started off with Dwarfs, but I always liked Lizardmen. I decided to start a new army and go with Lizardmen and I was looking for info on them and found this site. Now here I am. I reeally enjoy the painting aspect of the game. I actually have only played one game. Lost. Anyways, I wanted to post the first painted piece of my Lizardmen army. I have painted 3 skinks and 4 saurus warriors with a color scheme similar to the army book, the blue with red shields and whatnot. I wanted to use a different color scheme. Well, I think I am done rambling for the moment.

skink2f.jpg

skink1.jpg

I am much happier with this.

2. redeyefrog
    Saurus

redeyefrog New Member

nicely done
    redeyefrog

3. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

I agree - very cool. a lot more interesting than the typical blue fluff Lizzies. Well done! I see cold ones in the background, have you thought about which colour they'll be?

4. Jeremiah_Brewski
    Skink

I am thinking I am going to keep the green/purple scheme throughout most of my models. I am thinking my Sauruses and kroxigors would be a darker green for the skin and a similar purple scale to the skink. If I were to add a third color, which i am really considering, it would be yellow. Another poster had a few scales white in contrast to the rest. I like that and I think I will incorporate it into mine Probably purple/yellow. THe cold ones could be green skin/yellow scales, purple skin/yellow scales. purple skin/ green scales. my terradons will definitely be yellow. I am quite a bit amused that i ended up picking the barney and company colors, but I know I can make it look good. :)

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Good looking paint scheme. :D
    the purple parts look great,
    the green might benefit from
    a warmer highlight of a more yellow/green.
    to compliment the coolness of the purple. ;)

6. Jeremiah_Brewski
    Skink

Thanks, I actually did add a mix of scorpion green/rotting flesh combo. I think it improved.

7. Jeremiah_Brewski
    Skink

Hey, I figure I was due for an update. I haven't been painting as fast as I thought when I started back up, but I haven't quit like I did in the past, so currently I have completed 6 Skink Skirmishers and 1 Saurus Warrior minus the shield. I wasn't feeling the Saurus when I first finished it, but now I like it more and more as time goes by. I need to set up a better place for photos, these aren't the best I have taken. The Saurus ones definitely need to be retaken. The scales are darker than they appear in the photo. But here is where I am at.

Lizardmen4-12020.jpg

Lizardmen4-12019.jpg

Lizardmen4-12016.jpg

Lizardmen4-12011.jpg

Lizardmen4-12009.jpg

Lizardmen4-12005.jpg

For the Shield, I was thinking of making it yellowish, Maybe even try to have it fade between yellow and green. Just to add more to that color scheme I have. I am quite happy to see how it is turning out.

EDIT: Updated photos.

Attached Files:

8. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

You are off to a really good start Jeremiah. I like both your skinks and saurus. I'll be looking for more of your stuff shortly :D.

9. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

Very nice sir. I've also found that green and purple go surprisingly well together. Keep up the good work!

--DF2K

10. Jeremiah_Brewski
    Skink

Thanks a bunch. Even though I don't have too many finished, I am still getting excited over how its going to look when its done. I just hope I don't lose too much. :)

11. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

That's my problem. I have one of the best looking armies at my LGS (mostly due to the fact that no one else paints their army past a primer), and my current record is 2 wins, 4 losses.

--DF2K

12. Nirous
    Skink

Nirous New Member

Very nice looking!

I'd really like to know how you did the skin on the skinks, if you don't mind sharing :)

13. Jeremiah_Brewski
    Skink

Thanks everyone. I am glad ya'll like them so far.

For the skink skin, It was base painted in the Orchide Green, drybrushed white, drybrushed with dark angels green, drybrushed white again, dry brushed then with scorpion green, then used a detail brush to paint the bigger areas like the chest, thigh, and areas on the face a more solid scorpion green. Then made a 50/50 mix of scorpion green and rotting flesh to highlight. Drybrushing is really the only technique I know, but it always looks good to me, so I use it often.

I did similar with the saurus, but with shades of purple, obviously. :)

14. Nirous
    Skink

Nirous New Member

Cool :) I'm really impressed with how great the scorpio and purple works together.

I've just begun Warhammer'ing again after bout a years inactivity, need to go buy a !@&$load of paints now, all meh old ones dried out... So I'm looking around for color schemes and this is probably one I'll try out :)

15. Jeremiah_Brewski
    Skink

Cool beans dude. Glad you like it. I was impressed too how well they work together.

16. Jeremiah_Brewski
    Skink

DId the shield.

Attached Files:

17. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Dude, that sunbursty shield works AWESOME with the purle. Well done!!!

--DF2K

18. Jeremiah_Brewski
    Skink

Thanks, I think it turned out well. However, thinking on it this morning. I think I am going to paint another one but use green rather than red. In my head, it seems like it would be more uniform as a whole. But we will see.

19. Jeremiah_Brewski
    Skink

So, after waking up this morning, I have been thinking about the shield. I was thinking that the shield might match the army scheme more if the red was green instead. So, I started painting a new shield.

IMG_97841.jpg

Still WIP obviously, but I am diggin it a bit more. I liked the old one, but I think this one fits better.

20. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Personally I prefer the red shield. Added more of a contrast. But if you like the Green better, go with it!

--DF2K