1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Jerry's Painting Blog

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Cowboy_Jerry, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Cowboy_Jerry
    Skink

Cowboy_Jerry New Member

¡ Hola!
    I was browsing through the forum and noticed plenty of wonderful paintings, conversions etc. All in all, you people seem to be a friendly and kind community, so i decided to join you. One more skink to glorious Lustria :D
    I've just finished painting several guys, here is the most recent one. Lore for him is still in progress, as I feel it should be epic for him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I wannted to make his throne look like it's some kind of obsiadian. Successful or not?

Currently working on dactylchief, spilt some blood while converting - hope it will make him better on the board :D

2. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

A very beautiful Slann here! Love the work on the base and Palanquin. Also a great colour scheme choice for the Slann, loving the detail on belly too. Just a great model all round.
    The obsidian look is looking very obsidian to me, captured the colours of the rock.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Great work on the Slann. Love the markings on the belly and the design on the head. Very nice!

4. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Delicious! ;)

5. Cowboy_Jerry
    Skink

Cowboy_Jerry New Member

Thank you, guys. The belly mark and the sculpted tentacles are of my attempts to make it more Lovecraft-style. I wanted Slann to look like majestic descriptions in his stories.
    For skin paint sceme I took inspiration of poison dart frog - it looked so adorable I felt that I want to look at it IRL. No opportunity still T_T
    If you are interested, I can share a link to a guide I used to paint the base. It's certainly not mine, the man who made it painted a base a lot cooler than me.
    __
    P.S. Sorry, I intended to reply directly to each of you (I appreciate feedback and criticism), but as a newbie haven't yet learnt how to. Can you help me, please?

6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

@Cowboy_Jerry very nice work, please share the base guide and to include people in your posts just use the @ sign followed by their name so @NIGHTBRINGER and @little-myth will give them a alert saying I mentioned them in a post.

Looking forward to more of your work.

7. Cowboy_Jerry
    Skink

Cowboy_Jerry New Member

@Crowsfoot, <----- here's the guide. Marvellous one for sure.

Next one is skink chief, but perhaps I'll find old photoes of my Tetto (or will just take new ones).

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Wow, that Slann is beautiful! Such crisp and strong colours, very effective. The tentacles are well made as well, but feel a little out of place to me. But if Lovecraft is what you are after, then it definitely works!

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Love that Slann man wow very nice looking forward to seeing more of your work

LizardWizard likes this.