1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog JORGIK´s work table

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Jorgik, Jan 28, 2016.

1. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Or from those people who seemingly order huge bags for their garden/yard/construction and it's there for years on end and never gets used ;)

Jorgik likes this.
  2. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Well now the closest beach is 3 hours away by car, but will do the sandbag thing next time! Provably less expensive than GW´s :facepalm:

@SlanntaClause , I don´t know anyone in that situation, but if I ever meet someone I might offer him a "cleaning service free of charge" :p

Warden and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Well that makes it pretty impractical.

Everything is less expensive than GW!

Jorgik and Warden like this.
  4. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

the stairway adds just a hint of mystery to the rock piece. Looks great!

+1

Jorgik likes this.
  5. Andrea Mangoni
    Saurus

Andrea Mangoni Active Member

the stegadon - arcanodon it's really impressive and ispiring!

Jorgik likes this.
  6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Good looking rocks. ;)

Jorgik likes this.
  7. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

New update! Sorry guys for the long wait. Had an untold (I provably was told but I should have had forgotten it :banghead:) trip to the beach for one week, so had to leave the board unfinished, but here I am to tell you that it is finally finished :woot:. I also have an announcement for you :happy:.

The day before leaving I managed to apply all the sand to the table but wasn´t able to post it here due to fast luggage packing and such, so here it is :p:

IMG_20160811_111402.jpg

You can sadly see the three lines of gluing stages. I forgot my PVA was a very fast-drying one and so the division lines did not get as much sand. But on the bright side I did manage to cover it all (very tightly, but managed :D). Then I soaked the whole table with watered-down PVA and let that to dry for the whole holiday week...

... so when I came back I could directly start with the painting. I sprayed all the sand with the mourfang brown spray, shaded it with Agrax Earthshade and then picked out the stones to paint them grey. I also added small green patches with the old scorpion green and camo green.

IMG_20160811_154427.jpg

I moved to my garden due to the huge toxic cloud that had formed in my garage after having sprayed a quarter of the table. A good change :confused:.

Sorry guys I did not take a picture of the foliage before I put it into place where there is little if no light, and whatever I did the picture didn´t show much. Still have to install a few lights over the display table and when I do so I´ll post the pics. But if you want to see the bad picture I´ll post it ;).

Now the announcement.
    With all the late moving-related packing and unpacking time I had lots of time to think about my army and came to a simple conclusion: I don´t like it.
    I just think I rushed thought it and didn´t give it the love it needed. What I mean is that I never got around to testing paint schemes like I´m seeing at the start of every single personal blog on this site, and I also realized I never think over what I will do on a project. I just go for it and that doesn´t work for me, being a perfeccionist. I need to have a basis around which I should build my army. I have found myself playing games with models painted to contest standard and others that took me a little more than one hour, or realizing about half a year ago that the bases of half of my army did not match the other half. So with the manufacture of this table I have decided that this lack of organization will stop.

I have set a couple of thing that I need to decide upon before I do anything else, including paint scheme (paints used, quality of paintjob of table-top models), bases (contents on the base like "grass or clump foliage?", base edges colour) and most importantly fluff, which doesn´t only include story of the army but also army organization, will there be battalions? how many sauruses and skinks? maybe have squad markings? personalized movement trays or common use?. So I will be working on that for a time.

I know this is all very boring to read and it is more interesting to see painted models (it´s also more fun to me) but in the long therm I think it will be worth it.

I´ll keep you guys updated ;), sorry for the long read.

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

The table looks great and very realistic! :) You definitely can't see any lines from the gluing stages on the final product. Awesome job.

Good luck in reinventing your army... I look forward to seeing your progress!

Jorgik likes this.
  9. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

As I promised for when I got better lighting...

IMG_20160820_175817.jpg

With all the scenery that could be fit on the table. Seems to me an excellent mordheim map :D. Im thinking about painting up a background, it feels a little empty to me, but that´ll be another project :p

IMG_20160820_175749.jpg

And a close up of the rock face, which is where the most plants went to.

This is all for the table. I think this is the second finished project I post on my blog :banghead: (being the first the three test trees, which I don´t know whether should be taken into account). Hope you like it. Comments and feedback, and advice and criticism very well welcomed :). I´ll soon post the advances I have made about the redesigning of the army ;).

Jorgik

Seraphage, Crowsfoot, n810 and 6 others like this.
  10. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

My birthdays is this October should you wish to make me this kinda epic scenery ;)

11. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

haha thanks! There´s no way to finish so much stuff in 2 months, but you can give it a go and if you have any doubts I´ll surely help you, that way the finished product will be more rewarding to you ;)

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Awesome work @Jorgik . That table (and terrain) look absolutely stunning. It would be such a joy to play on such a table. Each piece is wonderful, but together they are amazing. Everything you have created matches perfectly with one another. The colour and texture variation of the table works really well. :):):)

My only criticism: I'm a little jealous now! (does that count as criticism?)

Warden, SlanntaClause and Jorgik like this.
  13. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Thanks!!
    I don´t know, but if it does I don´t know what should I do to fix it :joyful::joyful:

14. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Make one for everybody else in this forum! That would be a nice solution! ;)

Warden, NIGHTBRINGER and Jorgik like this.
  15. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

pfff, that´d be a lot of tables... (4,846 exactly)

:hungover::hungover::hungover:

Warden, tom ndege and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  16. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

The test trees definitely count as finished products!

Your board looks fantastic! :artist: The board plus all your splendid terrain products are a real testament to the hobby! Really fantastic stuff, and even though it takes forever to do any of these projects the results are worth it!

Thanks for the inspiration! The pieces inspired by the terrain wench look great on the table, it really fits together well. If you conduct any battles on this board please post the links so we can admire the close ups!

NIGHTBRINGER, Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  17. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Thanks!!
    Well I don´t have a gaming club, and at the store if I play I won´t take the board, but if I play any game at home I´ll post pictures!! I might do a small tester game with my sisters, maybe mordheim as not many models are needed to play. Time will tell!!

NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  18. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

:eek::shifty::artist::cool:
    Nice...

Jorgik likes this.
  19. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Now I feel your pain, I am having the same thoughts with all my models, I have just returned from holiday and after a 2 week break I too have a similar decision to be made.

Jorgik likes this.
  20. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Well I don´t have a lot of points to repaint, but I am sure you do and beat me by far! Well good luck, I´m trying to take it slow and really think over the decisions to be made. It took me two days to decide between the TWO paint schemes I had painted. But it has now been decided and I´m writing a document on every single step I followed so I never forget. I´m even thinking about both printing it and save it in the computer. Really want to avoid forgetting anything. There´s so much cool stuff on here I want to include everything I liked on my army :eek:. It is a slow process, so have to take it with patience, but I´m sure at the end the results will be worth it. :)

Crowsfoot likes this.