1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Jungle Swarms

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by shwaym, Aug 22, 2015.

1. shwaym
    Skink

shwaym Member

I noticed how Chaos has a lot of access to mortal wounds. Ours are primarily limited to Kroak, Salamnders and Terradons. The latter two being less reliable...and Jungle Swarms.

Swarms are interesting in that they have 5 wounds per base, no save, any model amount, cause mortal wounds on 6s to hit with 5 attacks, heal D3 wounds when near terrain and cannot be summoned.

I have been thinking that several bases of them would be a useful addition to a gunline. With Boltspitters and Bastiladons behind terrain, the Swarms in terrain and a Saurus Battle Standard Bearer, all of the shooting attacks are re-rolled. If the enemy cannot out shoot you they must spend time running around the terrain or run through the self-healing Swarms.

Keeping the Scar-Vet out of enemy line of sight would be key here.

Now, if the Swarms were Seraphon then them re-rolling to hit and being summonable would be brilliant.

2. is4evrdead
    Cold One

is4evrdead Active Member

Seems overly situational to be very useful especially considering the relatively short rand of our shooters though I'm sure some one can break them in some way or another

3. Avak786
    Saurus

Avak786 Active Member

If you wanted mortal wounds, i would recommend Tehenhauin. Although his shooting is very short range, his weight of attacks means you are probably going to get 6's. Also being seraphon he can be summoned and gets access to re-rolls to hit, increasing the probability of dishing out mortal wounds.

4. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

I wish Jungle Swarms are like Rat Swarms, they gain bases rather than healing. But tis wishing that will never happen.