So I was working a graveyard shift at my grocery store replacing old reciept tape when I had the inspiration that the black plastic tubes that the receipt tape spools on would make serviceable tree trunks. So I thought about how to make a bark texture and eventually decided to use layers of masking of tape. I mounted them on little pieces of cardboard, and painted them brown. They fell over a lot so I put bbs in them for weight. then I stoppered the top with a cotton swab to prevent the bbs from falling out. Finally I cut some leaves out of construction paper. This picture shows the progression of parts. This picture is a close up of a completed tree to show their size relative to skinks. My plan is to keep the trees loose so I can move them around to accomodate units in a forest. Eventually I plan to finish cutting out my foam board in 6" x 12" pieces into forest bases, putting on undergrowth for it. EDIT: The pictures are on photbucket. If that doesn't work, let me know if there is a better way to post the pictures.