1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Just started but I don't know where to go...

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Drakon787, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Drakon787
    Skink

Drakon787 New Member

Hello amazing people! Here's a list of what I have acquired in my one month of playing AOS. But before I get that started let me tell you what I play against. I play a lot against stormcast with a side of 3 big rat things that deal 6d3 mortal wounds in the shooting phase.. literally just melts anything I have. And not as often in my group I play against sylvaneth from one player and oruks from the other with a lot of goblins. Like a lot of goblins.

Ok now with what I have

1x oldblood on a carny
    1x converted scar vet on a coldone
    1x converted sunblood
    1x converted astrolith bearer
    1x slann starmaster
    1x kroak
    1x bastiladon
    1x eternity warden in the mail
    14x guard 1 was built as the astrolith which can easly be an icon
    7x knights w/ lances
    70x warriors w/ spears

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

A few more things to get, make the oracle from your carno kit into a skink starpriest, chamleon skinks, ripperdactyls. You will need your own deep strikers, if you want to get competitive branch out to support factions, celestial hurricanum and battlemage from the collegiate arcane faction are probably the best. Right now you have a list like this, which is decent but could benefit from a scar-vet on carno. A new start collecting box might be the way to go.

Leaders
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (320)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    Saurus Sunblood (120)
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
    Skink Starpriest (100)

Battleline
    20 x Saurus Warriors (200)
    - Spears
    30 x Saurus Warriors (300)
    - Spears
    20 x Saurus Warriors (200)
    - Spears
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Blades
    - Seraphon Battleline

Units

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (300)

Battalions
    Bloodclaw Starhost (100)

Total: 2000/2000

scubrat likes this.
  3. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

I agree completely with Bowser. Unfortunately your guard won't be very useful as you are against a ton of mortal wounding units.

As with Bowser list, your counter to the mortal wound dealing units will be your saurus blocks. A lot of players are hesitant to use mortal wounds on basic Battleline units which allows you to play to that advantage.

When your list fills out with some more support type units you tweak the list to allow you for some counterplay

Bowser likes this.
  4. Drakon787
    Skink

Drakon787 New Member

I also have a few units of sylvaneth to boot a dryca
    Durthu
    3x bow kurnoth hunters
    5x tree revenants
    16x dryads
    1x branchwych

I'm probably not going in to the very competitive scene till maybe next year I will take a look at what other factions have in store for the army.

I noticed that you didn't place a slann or lord kroak in the list. Is that bec they would be a prime target for mortal wounds?

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

That and there isn't enough there for the slann to benefit from. Troglodons, skink priests and starpriests, engine of the gods, or if you were playing more chaos I would put him in there. Durthu, Nymphs, and Kurnoth hunters are great too. Can definitely be added into armies for some variety. Branchwych is a great unit as well and can be added in to any order army for some good effect.