1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Kor'Torak painting station

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Kor`Torak, May 18, 2017.

1. Kor`Torak
    Skink

Kor`Torak Member

Hi community! Its been a couple months since my last update. This was due to some bussiness I had, test time, and getting caught by social life.

But fear not! Progress was made, but first i'll show you all some of my saurus warriors, this where the first lizardmen i painted, an early draft so to speak. I wanted to show them to you, and show my progress, and also to see myself the point at wich i stopped painting them. It was nice excersice (its not this word i think, what was it?), and helped a lot to see what they need next.

I have also made a LOT of progress in the temple guard, 10/15 are completely finished, and the remaining only need shields and claws. Even the Cold Ones are making progress! And man do i hate those riders, hardest kit to assemble ever.

Well, enough text, heres some saurus warriors and temple guard photos. They're not my best photos, but they will do :D

Attached Files:

Warden, Aginor, ravagekitteh and 2 others like this.
  2. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

They're all looking fantastic!

Aginor likes this.
  3. Kor`Torak
    Skink

Kor`Torak Member

Can`t believe it's been so long since the last time i posted here. But it wasn't due to not having any progress, more like lazy old me having a bit of a stump with the progress. But i went back at them and since then there's been a lot of things going forward at a high speed.

I finished up the saurus warriors and made them into round bases, the TG is also fully painted without some minor details i always forget to paint. The Saurus Knights were a huge pain to assemble and took almost 3 months to do them since they were the models i was least looking forward to do. I made them into a 7 unit with 3 OOP knight (with the old cold ones i bought sometime ago), and the last one was converted into a Scar-Vet on CO, with the remaining 2 saurus from the box, I had the spare parts needed to do an Oldblood on foot with Greatblade, and then a Skink Starpriest with the Trogs skink.

Latter on i got a GW Skink Starpriest that turned out to look quite good. And also the bastilodon was finished and the base was awesome, full of broken branches and an sneaky snake beneath him. With the Carnosaur following soon after, i had to stop until i got my hands on a Terradon Riders kit and an Skink kit. From there i Built 3 rippers, already painted and fully painted, with where a blast to do. And im currently converting 10 skinks ti build them as chameleons.

First attempt turned awefull so i changed to basic skinks with green shields on their backs, and called it a day. I`m still triying to pull the eyes off for the first batch, but it will take some time probably.

And I also got an EotG already assembled, and an Old Metal Slann, wich was a pain to keep steady since the old base was handmade, and i had to make a new one once i found the problem.

Currently i`m working on the Stegs scale, and i have almost all of the base horns and skulls, and im currently on the leather, golds and straps. I Didnt take any photos of him yet, but once i make some actual progress and it starts to look good i`ll show him to you guys.

Hope you like how they turned out! I`m pretty proud of the bases tbh.

Attached Files:

Crowsfoot, tom ndege and Aginor like this.
  4. Kor`Torak
    Skink

Kor`Torak Member

And number 2

Attached Files:

Crowsfoot, tom ndege and Aginor like this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Nice stuff!

6. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Love the carnosaur. Absolutely brilliant.

Slaan looks a little dark to me.

7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Great progress and some nice models in your collection. ;)

8. Kor`Torak
    Skink

Kor`Torak Member

More progress, this time with the Stegadon i talked about in the previous post, i have finished the shades and now i'm on the layers part, horns, spikes and skulls are done, but now i'm going into the red scales since i want them to be more intense. Once that is done i will go on to the Highlights on the horns and the scales. The howdah is left for the last part since i actually know what colors i want to do it.

The base tho, is proving to be a challenge, i want to give something fun and magnetized, but it's wight it`s too high, so i'm in need of more magnets. Besides that, nothing special. There`s still work to do, i need bushes, and more stuff on it, but it's getting there, so here, have a pic.

Attached Files:

9. Aginor
    Slann

Like it so far! Can't wait to see see it finished.

10. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Looking good!

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Good start! Keep it up!

12. Kor`Torak
    Skink

Kor`Torak Member

Aaaand the stegs is completed! Now i have to do the howdah with the skinks, this might take a long time now until the next tupdate, since i`ll post the howdah only when its fully painted, and the same with the skinks and the final assembly.

Attached Files:

Aginor, ravagekitteh and tom ndege like this.
  13. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

He's looking Epic.

14. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

That's an awesome looking Stegadon!

15. Aginor
    Slann

I think I might try red with one of my two new Stegadons. Because yours looks really great.

16. Kor`Torak
    Skink

Kor`Torak Member

Its pretty simple and fun to paint actually. But looking at it i just realised that i didn't paint pae mouth, so i'll revisit it later and give a purple/blue look to the mouth so it pops a little more, since i dont want anymore orange on the army or maybe a pink/white.

For the howdah i think i'll go with gold, it's quite basic and uninspired, but its the only way i can think to draw attention on him. Any ideas will be welcomed.

17. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I am now contemplating this as well. I had originally thought of doing orange or purple

18. Aginor
    Slann

I already have a purple one so that's out of the race for me. But green and red as well as albino are still in.

19. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Oooh albino is a very good idea.

20. Aginor
    Slann

Yeah I was thinking similar to the Sunblood paint scheme, with white and a little bit of purple shade.
    But white is hard to pull off.