1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Kroak 2.0

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by PabloTho, Jun 27, 2018.

1. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

Now that Kroak has been freed from the shackles of the rule of one I'm going to unleash him this Saturday and put the fear of God into my friends in my first AoS 2.0 game.

It will be doubles, 1.5k each with the battleplan to be determined on the day. I could be playing against almost anything - Skaven, Tzeentch, Daughters, Sylvaneth, LoN, Stormcast...

So given that I could be playing against Skyfire cheese or Wildwood Spam, I have produced the following.

Lord Kroak (General) - 450
    Engine of the Gods (Coronal Shield) - 220

Shadowstrike Starhost: (180)

Skink Starpriest (Incandescent Rectrices) - 80
    Skinks (20) - 120
    Skinks (10) - 60
    Ripperdactyls (6) - 280

Misc:

Skinks (10) - 60
    Balewind Vortex - 40

TOTAL: 1490

I'm not 100% happy with what I've got - I feel like there needs to be an astrolith bearer in there to increase the chances of casting Kroak's unreliable spells. One way I could get around this is by dedicating all of my first turn to generating summoning points which I think allows me to summon one in that movement phase (Astrolith Bearer is 12 ritual points and I get 13 for using all four of Kroak's spells, correct?).

However, part of me thinks I could be dealing some crucial damage in that first turn and that I should have the Bearer from turn 1. I could drop the Engine of the Gods and put in a Bearer and 10 more skinks, or I could drop three Rippers and ten skinks and put in a Bearer and another Endless spell perhaps?

What do you guys think?

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I would probably drop the engine and take an Astrolith and more Skinks.

PabloTho likes this.
  3. PabloTho
    Razordon

I figured this was probably the best thing to do. I like the idea of having the engine for the possibility of extra summoning, but six Rippers (also apparently unrestrained by the rule of one) are invaluable I guess.

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Have we defo got the green light on rippers?

5. PabloTho
    Razordon

If Kroak's warscroll overrides the rules, I'm going to assume it's the same for Rippers. I think the wording of the 'no exploding attacks' refers more to things like the Scar-Vet on Carno's CA, where it doesn't specify whether additional attacks also explode or not.

As the Ripper warscroll specifically states that generated attacks DO explode, I think it is exempt.