1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kroq-gar /grymloq colour scheme?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by lord_grok_ gar, Dec 22, 2008.

1. lord_grok_ gar
    Jungle Swarm

lord_grok_ gar New Member

Hi there new to the forum and decided that I would finally start buying myself a lizardmen army after too many months of deliberation. :D
    My question is. What colours are used for the games workshop Grymloq model? I really don't like the blue colour sceheme and was initially attracted to lizardmen as a result of that model alone and would love to have my saurus painted in that browny/red + cream skin look as I havnt seen any armies using the grymloq paint sceheme and would help make mine stand out.
    If anyone has any idea on the exact paints used as Im pretty useless when it comes to painting it would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I used a mix of Undercoat Black and White on the bigger scales on top, and then the smoother skin, I painted with Snakebite Leather. Here's what I came up with:

Attached Files:

3. drpieceofme
    Skink

drpieceofme New Member

The underbelly looks spot on Bleached Bone. The scales/back are straight chaos black with a 60/40 mix of Bloodred/Black highlights and a lot of them. As they went up towards the ridges they used a lesser variation of mix, probably a 80/20 as it is noticeably brighter on those spots. The underbelly was highlighted with Vermi Brown .