1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Kroxigor Energy Transference

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Flutterbat, May 22, 2017.

1. Flutterbat
    Skink

Flutterbat Member

Is the Kroxigors' Energy Transference ability activated by Stegadons, Bastiladons, Troglodons, Terradons, and Ripperdactyls since they all have the Skink keyword on their warscroll?

For reference, the ability's entry reads as follows:
    Energy Transference: When skinks are nearby, Kroxigor are energised by the nimbus of light that plays around the diminutive creatures. You can re-roll wound rolls of 1 for Kroxigor that are within 3" of any Skinks.

SlanntaClause, Bowser and m0gstar like this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yes, it's the keyword the triggering part..

Bowser, m0gstar and Seraphage like this.
  3. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Oh wow, just had another of these moments that our forum and our questions make me go like : Wow how come I didn't think of it so far !?

A great question indeed, thanks !

SlanntaClause, Bowser and m0gstar like this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yep, I used to run them with sallies so the skink handlers could buff them as well.

tom ndege and SlanntaClause like this.
  5. Draconder
    Saurus

Draconder Active Member

I disagree with this because the wording is important here. We are talking Skinks, not Skink. Since the wording in the ability is highlighted they imply the keyword.

The Skinks keyword only applies to Skinks unit I believe because all the other skink units such as Cameleon Skinks, Skink Handlers etc, do not have the exact keyword as their names are not separated by a comma. Only Skinks themselves have the exact wording.

Joshmunga and Seraphage like this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Hmm... I don't think that's intentional. The description of the ability basically says that the small guys make them fight harder. Why should a Skink Priest or Skink Handlers not work?

From pure wording of the keywords I would agree with @Draconder though..... Hmm....

Draconder likes this.
  7. Draconder
    Saurus

Draconder Active Member

Games Workshop way of writing fluff perhaps but considering that the rules as written imply that Skinks as a keyword due to it being written in bold, I consider only Skinks work and not the other skink units.

Aginor likes this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

well, if you want......
    But I do it that way: As long as we are one of the weaker armies we should interpret everything as advantageously as possible for us. :D

pendrake and Draconder like this.
  9. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

After taking part at 4 tournaments, I really can't say we are one of the weakest. I would only lose due to my mistakes or from the top current meta lists *which always happen by missjudging strength of units on paper, can't really avoid that one ! *. I really think we're fine, just not meta op :p

10. Dr Kaos
    Saurus

Dr Kaos Member

If you separate SKINK from SKINKS as a keyword do you play it that way with the Skink Alpha on a Stegadon? It seems weird that he can order Terradon Riders but not regular skinks. Maybe if enough people ask GW about it they will clarify in a FAQ someday.

11. Aginor
    Slann

Haha you're right. Technically Skinks don't have the Skink keyword. :D
    But come on, if anyone wants to prevent me from moving my Skinks using a Skink Alpha I'll probably slap him, then just pack my army and go play someone else. :D

Furnus likes this.