1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kroxigor hero (kroctek) custom sculpted model (nakai inspired)

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by jonee, Apr 1, 2020.

1. jonee
    Skink

jonee Active Member

if you are interested in the sculpting process here is my original tread
    http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/my-kroxigor-hero-sculpt.23910/

i felt inspired by the gotrec warscroll to make a kroxigor hero as a a proxy.

here is the finished result properly photographed

and some fluff that makes his rules work with the gotrec warscroll, although i have also made a home brew warscroll for him as a 240pt hero (aproximately as strong a scar vet on carno)

he is known as kroctek

long ago i a battle with beastmen tribes, in the realm of life, his slann lost its mortal body. the slanns life stuff was traped in the shrunken head kroctek wears on his pauldron. having a slann eternaly conected in such a way prevents other slanns for teleporting him across the battlefield. The slann also changes the way time works around him, allowing him to fight twice in the same turn.

kroctek once walked onto the scene of another important battle between starborn and the eternal enemy. it was in this battle that kroctek lost his leg. when the battle was won the starborn slann general noticed the wounded kroxigor and found he was unable to desummon him so instead gifted the kroxigor with an archane golden leg. this explain why he only move half as fast as most kroxigors.

kroctek has wandered into many significant battles of the seraphon. each time helping seize victory and earning new jewellery which is lavished appon him by the grateful skinks. much of these adornments provide unique magical protections.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Carnikang and LizardWizard like this.
  2. jonee
    Skink

jonee Active Member

3. jonee
    Skink

jonee Active Member

4. jonee
    Skink

jonee Active Member

5. Lium
    Saurus

Lium Active Member

Looks pretty cool, lore seems like a bit of a Nakai knockoff though.

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. jonee
    Skink

jonee Active Member

oh yes it very much is i love nakai. And if gw would have made a model and rules for nakai i probably wouldnt have put any spin on nakai at all i would just field nakai every time because law wise he works with any lizard army. But insead we got gotrec who likes to join any order army he comes across. Nakai seemed the closest fit to that just much to fast, being a kroxigor.
    i figured fans would be less anoyed by the idea of another lost kroxigor ancient than they would be by changing nakais law to give him a reason to be so slow to move but attack twice, be nearly invincible and unable to teleport.

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. SilentHunter
    Jungle Swarm

SilentHunter New Member

I'm not too fond of crocodile-looking Lizardmen in general, but this sculpt is impressive!

I like what you did with the small square "scales", but is there a specific reason you did not sculpt them with GS (ie. did you have something specific in mind)?

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. jonee
    Skink

jonee Active Member

if gs is green stuff i cut paper scales and glued then on as i didn't think my skill level with green stuff would be enough my only other green stuff projects have been turning skinks into chameleon skinks. Using paper allowed me to reposition them easily and was my intention from the start. Gluing some thing on rather than cutting in i thought would look more like real croc scales. i do see that some look a little loose but im hoping that is just one of those things that only i as the creator see.

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. SilentHunter
    Jungle Swarm

SilentHunter New Member

Makes sense. Sculpting like this is so beyond my skill level that I thought you would have been able to sculpt them out of Green Stuff if you wanted to.

From the pictures, I can't see any obviously loose scale, if that can comfort you. ;)

LizardWizard likes this.
  10. jonee
    Skink

jonee Active Member

thank you so much. And yes very comforting.

LizardWizard likes this.